Pampered Chef

Thread: Pampered Chef

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Pampered Chef

I'm changing all my baking ware over to Pampered Chef. Not frugal, however I'm tired of baking pans. I'm also going to purchase a number of their stoneware items.

What do you have in Pampered Chef products. Which do you like the most?

Master Dollar Stretcher guest32's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the PC stoneware, except is is so heavy...I haven't been using mine much anymore. I also like the chopper and the cookie scoop I cannot believe how many people comment about my cookies being *uniform* and perfect looking!

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the large round stone and the rack. Love it! I have the rectangle stones on my wish list as well as the muffin stoneware.

Other things I have - bbq basting brush, bbq fork, bbq tongs, bbq turner, quick-stir pitcher (it's plastic though so I'm getting rid of it), apple wedger, cheese knife, egg slicer (not happy with it), large grooved cutting board (don't like it), mix 'n scraper, twixit clips, colander & bowl set (will be getting rid of it), adjustable measuring spoons (will be replacing with stainless), scoop (not sure if it's the large or medium), measure-all cup (will be getting rid of), citrus peeler, mini serving spatula, mini muffin pan, my safe cutter.

I've had a few other things over the years that I hated and already got rid of. Can you tell I've been invited to many, many parties over the last 12 or so years and I've had a couple myself???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Kim, what did you NOT like?

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't like the corn butterer, cut-n-seal, egg slicer, large grooved cutting board, cheese grater, kitchen spritzer, adjustable measuring cup, ice cream dipper (I really did like this, but it was just too hard for dh to remember to NOT put it in the dishwasher), pastry blender, suds pump.

I forgot, I also have the quikut paring knife and the baker's roller.

I also had the small and large micro cookers, but they got the boot since they were plastic.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love my spritzer, no more PAM spray for me!
    I also have the round stone and a shallow rectangle stone, and bowl that goes in the freezer that I thought I would use, but haven't. Maybe I'll use it for fruit this summer.
    I have a heart shaped bread tube that has never worked. Stuff just leaks out of it. That was a yard sale find.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The only thing I have from Pampered Chef is an Ice Cream Scoop, which I love and the Chopper. I would love to get more though!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a baking stone with rack and a stoneware bread pan and I love both. I would love more PC products but I haven't been to any parties in a long time and I don't have much money to spend, usually.

Master Dollar Stretcher guest32's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't like that adjustable measuring cup either....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooo, a subject I can talk about Let's see. I have:
    Stonewear
    Large Baking Stone w/rack
    Small Bar Pan
    Deep Dish Baker
    Square Baker
    Bread Pan
    Stonewear wooden holder--they were taking over my oven
    I do like these but CAREFUL with baking things like cookies; the times will change. Perhaps it is because mine are so well "seasoned" (read blackened and shiny). These are great if you can fudge a bit on cooking times like with frozen fries, garlic toast, etc.

Small Microwave cooker--good for veggies
    Pizza Cutter-Very sharp; a good buy
    Adj. Measuring Scoop-a new addition; can't really say for sure yet
    Spatuala Thingy that can also scoop and is white--I have two I like them so much
    Bamboo Spoons--Great for stovetop cooking, not really deep enough for serving
    Small Spreader-good for spreading
    Large Spatula-very heavy and sharp; great
    Classic/Small batter bowls with lids-Love the bowls, hate the lids; I can't get them to fit. But they are my primary mixing bowls
    Garlic Press-Works great

I'm sure I've left something out. But, I do like the majority of their items. I've been buying a little at a time for about 5 years now. My PC lady has sales sometimes with 20% off and free shipping. I don't have to attend a party and get a discount.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have thought many times about selling pampered chef. They have really great products.

Kamloops in the central desert area of BC
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

PAMPRED CHEF IS SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have count em not one but TWO of their rectangle stones and they are THE BEST!!!!

It is just my opinion but I think the rectangle is more useful than the round.

I bake cookies, biscuits and MUFFIN TOPS on mine, not just hm pizza.

SO incredibly versatile and useful.

The muffin tops are the leftover muffin batter, just blob on and bake on a lower rack at same time as muffins.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm goooood!!!!!!!!!! Badddddddddddddddd for diets!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgoooood!!!!!!!!!!

The garlic press is wonderful, although they don't carry the one I have any more-- it's a zyliss, but they have the BEST biggest pizza wheel cutter ever;

and on Monday night I was using the lemon square lifter aka the little sharp weird tiny square lifter/ miniature pancake flipper egg turner looking thing. Handiest device EVER for lifting squares out of a pan.

OH and when I need to cut up apples for a crisp I use my peeler, slicer, corer thingy for just cranking them out.

That mixing jug is the handiest thing. I use mine a lot, especially in summer for hm iced tea or hm lemonaide or mixing juices or powdered drinks. Anything where you have to dissolve sugar and stir it a few times to be sure.

It's also good for making frozen orange juice.

I bought 2 sizes of spring loaded "ice cream scoopers" not the ones with the anti freeze in the handles but the kind that scoop and pop out. Muffin batter, cookie dough, meatballs you name it, those 2 sizes do a lot for me.

What I haven't been thrilled with are the following which all left my home after the one year test. (haven't used it in a year, not likely to start)

The foamy soap thingy.
    The hair pick looking spiky food holder so you can slice with it thingy.
    The oil sprayer thingy.
    the mini tart thingy
    the antifreeze filled aluminum ice cream scoop that shouldn't go in the dishwasher (if you've got kids and a dishwasher, it WILL go there)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a large stoneware collection. If you're just starting out, I recommend the rectangular 10 x 15 (inch). It closely resembles a cookie sheet. It has enough of a lip to do jelly-roll style recipes and I use mine to 'fry' bacon in the oven (no spitting and no flipping required). I have also used mine for rectangular pizza. And all the other 'regular' cookie sheet items.

The second piece you should consider is a casserole. Depending on your family size: the 9 x 13 (inch) baker with 2" tall sides or the somewhat smaller Oval Baker (mine holds 8 cups).

I also have: the Large Round (pizza) stone , Loaf pan, Muffin pan, Mini-loaf pan (four in one), Small oval (good for the toaster oven). The only other piece I feel the need for is an 8 x 8 (inch) square, which I currently have in metal, but rarely use. It burns stuff.

The other products - well I have mixed feelings on them. I use my crinkle cutter a lot - it slices carrots better than a knife. I LOVE the oil spritzer (actually I have two - I use one for lemon water to keep cut fruit from browning during dehydration), but could never get a Suds pump to work for more than a month. I had the ultimate slice and grate and it was outclassed by a Ronco slicer that came with my yard-sale dehydrator. The PC Slice & grate is mostly plastic and just didn't hold up to heavy use. They did replace parts a couple of times, but I'd rather have something that just works.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have:

Stoneware:
    bread pan
    muffin pan
    9 x 13 bar pan
    large round stone w/rack
    9 x 13 casserole pan w/lid
    small oval baker for toaster oven
    small bar pan for toaster oven

I love all the stoneware and use it nearly every day, but it's very heavy and I always worry about breaking it. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my casserole pan has developed a hairline crack on one side. Plus it all takes up a lot of storage space.

Other things I have:
    garlic press (love it)
    ice cream scoop (it's okay, was free, but don't like that it can't go in the dishwasher)
    deluxe cheese grater (never use it)
    ice tongs (never use them)
    cookie scoops ~ small & large (use them all the time)
    adjustable measuring spoons (they're okay)
    adjustable liquid measuring cup (hardly ever use it)
    mix & stir pitcher (been in the cupboard forever, have never used it)
    chilzanne bowl & lid (was free, used it a couple of times last summer)
    chilzanne deviled egg/veggie tray (was an anniversary present last year, still in the box & never used)
    apple peeler/corer/slicer (hardly ever use it)
    apple wedger (use it all the time)
    bamboo mixing spoons (use them all the time)
    silicone spatulas (even have 2 of some of them, use them every day)
    small baster brush (hate it)
    oil spritzer (hated it, pitched it)
    BBQ tongs (anniversary present, DH uses them all the time)
    bamboo mini tongs (love them, but they break too easily)
    2-quart glass mixer bowl w/lid (love it)
    black baking cooling rack (it's okay, but definitely not dishwasher safe, would rather have stainless)
    foaming soap dispenser (loved it, but found it's much cheaper to buy foaming hair gel and use the bottle, lasts about as long as the PC ones and works as well for way less money)
    stainless steel whisk (love it)
    crinkle cutter (like it)
    can opener (love it, DH hates it)
    chopper (love it)
    kitchen scissors (love them)
    super-expensive huge frying pan w/lid (loved it, but it didn't last anywhere near as long as I would have expected a $140 pan should have)
    nylon tongs (hated them)
    nylon potato masher (love it)
    pastry blender (it's okay)
    corn butterer (like it)

Good grief. No wonder I have no room in my kitchen. I have been buying PC items for about 10 years. My SIL became a consultant last year, so we get some great presents now. I've found some things are really nice, some things are stupid, and some things are exactly what you can get at other stores for much less money.