Baking Club Challenge~~~Week 3~~~
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking Baking Club Challenge~~~Week 3~~~

December 17-23. First all the boring technical stuff. ANYONE can join in the challenge! If you'd like to be an official member of the Village baking club and recieve a rolling pin icon under your name, you must sign up in the "Baking Club" thread near the top of the page. It's sticky! It is my desire, as a baker, to learn new techniques and combinations, to keep my menus fresh and exciting, and to recieve quick help on baking questions from other enthusiasts. That's what I think the Challenge is about. Some of the recipes I post will be from my personal roster, some may be ones I clipped from a magazine and never got around to trying, and some recipes will be yours. Recipes I post will include sweet and savory. Feel free to modify, substitute and tweak a recipe to your liking and supplies. I love to see how creative everyone is! This weeks recipes are Potato Wedges, Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes or any bread recipe from last week's Post Your Recipe thread. [ame="http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78550"]Baking Club~Post YOUR Recipe!~Week 2~Dinner Breads! - Frugal Village Forums[/ame]

Potato Wedges

3 small-medium potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
    1/2 cup bread crumbs(I use homemade)
    1 tsp each of Oregano, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Powder and Paprika
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 cup oil(I use olive oil)

Turn oven on to 350*. Spray or lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Pour oil into another bowl. Dip wedges in oil, then in crumb mixture. Arrange wedges in pan. Bake 35 minutes.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes

INGREDIENTS
    1 cup butter or margarine
    8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, or bars, cut into bite-size chunks
    5 large eggs
    1/2 cup sugar
    4 teaspoons flour
    8 extra-large paper muffin cups (or use regular paper muffin cups, which will make 12 cakes)

DIRECTIONS
    Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; remove from heat. Beat eggs, sugar and salt with a hand mixer in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Beat egg mixture into chocolate until smooth. Beat in flour until just combined. (Batter can be made a day ahead; return to room temperature an hour or so before baking.)
    Before serving dinner, adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a standard-size muffin tin (1/2 cup capacity) with 8 extra-large muffin papers (papers should extend above cups to facilitate removal). Spray muffin papers with vegetable cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups.
    Bake until batter puffs but center is not set, 6 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully when making 12 standard sized 'muffins' , they will cook quickly. Carefully lift cakes from tin and set on a work surface. Pull papers away from cakes and transfer cakes to dessert plates.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'm making the cakes tomorrow. I wanted to make 'em yesterday but I had to make Tirimisu for DH's work party and boy was that yummy!!!I could eat vats of it.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yumm, the cakes sound delish! Will give those a try sometime this week and post results. Was busier than a cat covering it up last week and this weekend with projects at church. Spent almost all day yesterday catching up on housework here at home since I wasn't home much last week. Still have some housework here at home to finish up today (kitchen and mopping hardwood floors), and then things around here can get back to normal for a bit until family arrives later this week for Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made the potato wedges and they were delicious! Instead of dipping them in oil, and sprayed them with Pam and then sprinkled the seasonings on top. I flipped them over and did the same thing on the other side. I also used 2 baking potatoes and 1 sweet potato and they came out great!! DS loved them, so I think I'll be making them again tomorrow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I ended up making the chocolate cakes last night. I cut the recipe in half and used 2 mini bundt pans. I used Hershey's Dark and cooked for 12 minutes. DH's was a little goey but mine was cooked through. That ended up being a good thing because my daughter ate half of mine and it's probably better for her not to have undercooked eggs. I should have checked it at 8 minutes I think. I actually wasn't too impressed with this recipe, though DH liked it. My FIL made these but I think he use a Nestle recipe and Nestle Chocolatier baking pieces. I did think as DD was chowing down that this a good 'cake' for picky kids that don't eat meat. Lots of protein in the eggs and butter.~
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up

I started making the potatoe wedges when my dad moved up here last summer & we love them they are sooo good & easy to make.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made wedges, SO good. Son is diabetic so I think I'll leave out the lava cakes, we've already go too many treats around here!