For you Crockpotters out there-Do you use the liners? Also what's your fav. crockpot?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question For you Crockpotters out there-Do you use the liners? Also what's your fav. crockpot?

I haven't bought any as of yet, because well, I guess I figure it's just something else to have to buy on a regular basis, but I got to wondering.

How many of you who use your crockpot regularly use them? Are they really worth the added expense or do you just do it the old fashioned way, like me, and just scrub your crockpot out when your finished?

I figured I would just combine both questions into one thread-I'm also in the market for a new crockpot, unfortunately. The one I have is about 16 years old and I love it dearly because it has the thicker crock in it and it also doesn't cook everything so fast, like I'm hearing alot of the newer models are doing (to eliminate the fear of food poisoning, or at least that's what I'm hearing).
    Mine has obtained a small crack all the way down one side and although it's not taken to leaking too much, I know it's just a matter of time, especially considering how often I use it.
    So, before it gets completely unusable, I thought I would go ahead and start shopping around.

I really don't want a fancy shmancy one, just your basic Low, Medium, & High controls are just fine by me.
    So what are your favorites, where did you purchase it, and about how much did you pay for it?

Thanks so much for all your help,
    Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The only time I used liners was when we were going through our kitchen renovation ~ I didn't have anyplace to wash our my crockpot and they worked great for that. Normally I just scrub it out my hand

I have 3 crocks, all Rivals, all basic ones. The newer ones seem to heat hotter than the older ones so I adjust the time a little bit in my newer one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my mom uses the liners and SWEARS by them
    but I find that a bit of patience and elbow grease keeps my SPARKLING white no matter what I've let cook on there
    I use mine 2-3 times a week it's my best friend
    I have a rival brand and I love it
    my cousin actually was recently gifted with a crock pot that has 3 ummm "crocks" of different shapes and sizes
    one is oval, one is round, and one is smaller
    I believe hers is rival too, but she hasn't used it yet
    but that would be good for different types of foods
    ei a roast, or a cake, or mashed potatoes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nancycg56 View Post
    The only time I used liners was when we were going through our kitchen renovation ~ I didn't have anyplace to wash our my crockpot and they worked great for that. Normally I just scrub it out my hand

I have 3 crocks, all Rivals, all basic ones. The newer ones seem to heat hotter than the older ones so I adjust the time a little bit in my newer one.
    yah my crock pot seems HOTTER than my moms
    so I RARELY RARELY use anything but the low setting

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i think mines a rival with the removable ceramic bowl, nothing fancy by any means. anyway, i LOVE the liners. mine usually seem to leak, but its still easier clean up then if i hadn't used them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never use the liners. My favorite recipes in the crockpot are chicken & rice, BBQ Ribs, Bacon Smokies, newly foudn pepper steak and salsa chicken.
    I have two (I use at least once/week, more if I was home more then 4 nights/week) and both are Rival

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bacon smokies? sounds yummy, mind sharing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have two rivals. The small one is what I usually use and found at a yard sale. Don't use the liners. Just pour some dishwashing liquid and really hot water into the crockpot once empty and put the lid back on and let sit for a couple of minutes. This seems to loosen any harden food. Personally I try to heat food as little as possible in plastic. That plus I would rather save my money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the crockpot liners, but I NEVER buy them without a coupon. It makes cleaning the crockpot so much easier. Mine is a Rival 3.5 qt. but I really would like to have a 5 or 6 qt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a Rival. LOVE IT!! Never used the liners, and I have no plans to try them, either. Mine has a removeable crock, which is AMAZING!! Mine is great for potlucks, cause it has a "thermal zip on cover thing" you can put over it to keep things warm till it's time to eat.
    (Works great for taking the crockpot to church before SS and the stuff inside is still nice and warm when it;s time to eat after church)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 3.. a basic small one
    a med size oval and a large stainless round, all are made by rival.
    I love em.

Got a good cookbook, set and forget it crockpot cooking. Its awesome with the great recipes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the liners, but don't buy them all the time. I use them mostly when I'm making cheese dips.
    I've got a newer basic Rival and thought that mine was the only one that cooks hotter! I just assumed something was wrong with it. I still use it, but only on the low setting. My high setting will actually boil!! I think I paid 30.00 or so for it at Walmart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah's mom View Post
    I still use it, but only on the low setting. My high setting will actually boil!!
    must be a rival thing, because mine does the same thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE my corckpot! But I do not use the liners....i just figured it was a waste of money and plastic. My non-frugal friend loves the liners!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Talking Thanks everyone for all your help!

It looks like Rival is the winner.

The one I have now is also a Rival, so I guess I'll stick with buying another one.

Thanks for all the input into the liners as well. I've never even priced them, but I knew they would be more expensive than just handwashing it, I just didn't know if the trouble of cleaning it all the time or using liners would be worth it.
    So, I guess that's a "no" to the liners.

The crockpot I have now is a 6 quart, and I will probably replace it with one about the same size.
    At some point I do want to buy a 3-4 quart for smaller things like dips and such.
    But I do so much of my cooking in my larger one, that will most defiantely be the size I rebuy.

Thanks again everyone for all your help.

Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast