What is the Most powerful Laundry Soap ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Why do the Duggars take credit for a basic formula that's been available for years? Grrr sorry, just a pet peeve. They did NOT invent homemade laundry detergent.

I do well with ALL, but we have softened water. I've also had good luck with Arm and Hammer detergent in the past. Tide is great but too expensive. We don't wear many whites so I get by with the cheaper stuff. I also had good luck with the homemade detergent last year...but again we don't wear a lot of whites on the outside (and who cares if the undies get a bit yellow) nor do we use regular deodorant (yuck I know but I'm allergic to the chemicals and get by with baby powder and occasional use of Tom's of Maine).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tide rocks!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Tide-Liquid-Detergent-Breeze-64-Load/dp/B000KAAE9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1272390452&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Tide 2x Ultra Liquid Detergent, Clean Breeze Scent, 64-Load Bottle (Pack of 4): Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tz41sq1iL.@@AMEPARAM@@41tz41sq1iL[/ame]
    Last edited by Gabe; 04-27-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use Purex and the eco (green bottle) version of Arm & Hammer. Occasionally Sunlight when its been on sale. All three do wonders for me but I also start with warm water and let it run a min or two then flip it to cold to fill up the washer before adding detergent and clothes. Keeping in mind that my 'warm' is really hot water and my hot is 'TOO hot' LOL.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Detergent-Laundry-DPR01837-Category/dp/B001GXF7LC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1272390615&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Ultra Purex&reg Dry Detergent for Laundry, 106 oz. Box (DPR01837) Category: Powdered Laundry Detergents: Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yh65EZPoL.@@AMEPARAM@@41yh65EZPoL[/ame]

I've developed an allergy to TIDE over the past few years though I was raised on it. It used to be very 'affordable' back in the day but now.....sheesh!
    Last edited by Gabe; 04-27-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I remember reading a Consumer Reports article that said Tide was the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

tide is great but pricey. so is cheer (my fave) but it is too pricey now a days! arm & hammer works fine. purex is great for towels and sheets, rugs, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a great thread!

For years I used ERA with great success. We had hard water and that was about the only thing I found that worked.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Era-Ultra-loads-150-0-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B002V1H2ZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1272390706&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Era 2x Ultra 96 loads, 150.0-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2): Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WhwTB9zlL.@@AMEPARAM@@41WhwTB9zlL[/ame]

I also used Arm and Hammer powder, that too worked great in hard water and the it left the clothes smelling 'clean'.

Borax is an excellent laundry booster and I use it in my whites and on my bath rugs. It also gets odors out of the laundry as well.

I have to get some laundry soap today and was thinking about picking up some Tide...lol..so this thread was timely. I was on the ERA site not too long ago and sadly it's so hard to find! I've looked just about everywhere in my city and I can't find it but in a Kmart that I just happened to have gone to. It's out of the way and ERA would be the only thing I'd buy there.
    Last edited by Gabe; 04-27-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well...ended up getting more Arm and Hammer poweder. lol I paid less than $8 for 80 loads and couldn't justify paying $15 for 63 ( I think it was) for Tide. I do like Arm and Hammer alot..the added baking soda does make a difference.

If I got Tide I'd have to get the one with the Downy in it As a matter of fact, our Wal Mart seems to have stopped carrying alot of brands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A few years back, I read a Consumer's Report article that said Tide was the best detergent on the market.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Just from my own experience...

I have found to be the winner... however it is very expensive... so i only buy it occasional when the clothes get dingy i give them a wash in the tide and it works great... other than that i buy what is on sale...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think Mule Team Borax is the most powerful detergent you can get a home made recipe of detergent with it in it. here is the site http://tipnut.com/homemade-dishwashe...rgent-recipes/ I have hard water and no water softener I use Purex and All with no problems.
    Loving Wife to Ken 29 yrs & 3 sons
    My furbaby: /Sparky paw:Jack Russel,Beagle,Dashaund mix
    Change jar ?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God & he will give you your hearts desires. (Matt 6:33)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I won't use anything except Gain for our laundry detergent, liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets.
    DD (20)
    DS (17)
    DH (over the hill - the big 4-0)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use homemade laundry detergent for everything except DH's really heavily soiled work clothes. I use any regular detergent for those.

BTW, Mom used to use Iron out for clothes w/our iron well water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My roommate swears by Tide. And I have to admit, it works better than Purex. Haven't done a comparison of anything else though. We only use liquid detergent, have a front-loading machine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Detergent doesn't work like it used to

The main ingredient in both laundry and dishwasher detergent has been removed. Trisodium Phosphate. You can buy a pound of powdered Trisodium Phosphate for less than $6 at Lowes, and put a tablespoon in the load for much better results, and use less detergent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ha! I see Gabe's been 'editing' back in April of this year (2010) and inserted a picture. I don't use powder, I use liquid.

This is what I have been using:

But have been also using different scents of 'method' Its more costly but cleans better then anything I've used - including Tide (in my opinion)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast