Getting stain

Thread: Getting stain

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Getting stain

out of the toilet. We have hard water and eventhough I clean the toilet there is always brown color at the bottom. I have tried so many things, and nothing is working. From Clorox to Mr. Clean pads, and no luck. It really isn't fun sticking hands down in the toilet even with gloves on, so I would love an idea of something that might work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ooops..i found this on here

SHOWER DOOR TRACKS: First fill the small drain holes with small pieces of rolled-up paper towel that act like tiny plugs. Now pour full-strength white vinegar into the track. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to soak. Remove plugs, scrub lightly with a narrow brush or cloth. Rinse with clear water and buff dry with a clean cloth. Your tracks will be sparkling clean!

TOILET BOWL: First turn off the water at the toilet tank. Now flush the toilet. The toilet bowl should be empty, as no water is allowed to fill after the flush. Spray full-strength white vinegar around the inside of the toilet bowl, making sure you get up under the rim. Sprinkle with borax. Let this soak for 30 minutes. Scrub with a stiff toilet brush to get rid of the ring and stains. Turn on the water to the toilet tank, allow the tank to fill and then flush to rinse.

SHOWERHEAD: Try this for a showerhead that has its tiny holes closed off by a buildup of minerals: Fill a plastic sandwich bag with full-strength white vinegar. Tie this around the showerhead so that the head is submerged into the vinegar. Leave in place overnight. In the morning, remove the bag and scrub the head with a stiff brush, and it will be like new.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was just going to suggest the vinegar and borax trick

Kamloops in the central desert area of BC
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If it doesn't work, use a pumice stone. Used wet on wet it won't scratch. BUT

I used EVERYTHING and the stain from rusty water had gone into the porcelain, and it just won't shift. Some are permanent.

Accept it, and just live with it.

We just changed out our toilets, and got rid of the permanent stains that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know if this works but I saw it on How Clean is your Home. They poured a litre of Coke into the toilet and left it for an hour or so. It removed the brown stains.

Good luck.