2009 Needlework Arts Challenge!! - Page 163
Page 163 of 165 FirstFirst ... 63113153160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2462
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cannot wait to see all your new creations YM!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can't wait to see some pics here.

Hurry up and finish things.......I'm lurking!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Never thought of eBay - mustn't think of it again. Must be frugal - frugal can be fun too!!
    eBay can be dangerous, but it can also be frugal. Yarn is often an item where you can save quite a bit. Of course the important thing is to compare the price on eBay with other sources. For example, I was looking for a particular yarn and found it was $8/skein + shipping from Herrschners and a couple other sources I had checked. I found a lot of 3 skeins on eBay for $14.95 with no additional charge for shipping. It's also a good place to find yarns that have been discontinued.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo LB - shall file that information for reference far in the future when I have used up a lot of my supplies!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Over Christmas I finished up a scarf for me that made out of trellis and fun fur. It was a lot of fun to make. I also finished a few dishcloths which I gave to my mom.
    Now I need to decided what to work next.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeMom View Post
    I got four skeins of sock yarn, 6 skeins of cotton blend yarn, and a $50 gc to The Loopy Ewe. I can't decide if I want to buy lace weight, sock yarn, or worsted weight for a sweater. I don't even know if I have enough $ for the yardage I would need for a sweater.

Looking through my ravelry queue.....
    Sock yarn....I'm always drooling over sock yarn for some reason. Not that I can knit a pair of socks or anything...lol...but I am planning to take a class this year to learn how to knit socks, so once that happens going to the yarn store may become far more dangerous than it already is! Love the name of your shop...The Loopy Ewe.

Don't yarn shops have the best names? We have one called Twisted, and another called The Naked Sheep. We have several others, but those are the two names that I always remember.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HisDaisy View Post
    Over Christmas I finished up a scarf for me that made out of trellis and fun fur. It was a lot of fun to make. I also finished a few dishcloths which I gave to my mom.
    Now I need to decided what to work next.
    Would love to see a picture of your scarf...I believe I have both trellis and fun fur in my stash and I'm always looking for some inspiration to use up more of my stash!

I should probably also look for inspiration to stop adding to it faster than I use it

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I finished the hood. Now I am just sitting and staring at the pieces. If I wish hard enough, will they put themselves together?

And I had a total duh moment. As I sat and looked at my hood piece, I tried to fold it in 1/2 just like the pattern says. I started hyperventilating just a bit--it didn't look like a hood. Then I realized I needed to fold it in 1/2 from the opposite direction.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm really excited about my fingerless mitten class that starts on the 4th, and I just found out my yarn shop is going to offer evening classes on knitting socks in February! I think tomorrow I'll go check out their new location (they just opened a new store, and are closing the old one at the end of the year) so I'll know how to get there on the 4th, and to see if I can sign up for the socks class. And Wednesday night I want to go to the open knit night they hold at a local grocery store (sounds weird, but it's got this big area where people can sit down and eat there too and that's where they hang out and knit and drink coffee/have snacks). This is going to be so much fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcDowell View Post
    I finished the hood. Now I am just sitting and staring at the pieces. If I wish hard enough, will they put themselves together?

And I had a total duh moment. As I sat and looked at my hood piece, I tried to fold it in 1/2 just like the pattern says. I started hyperventilating just a bit--it didn't look like a hood. Then I realized I needed to fold it in 1/2 from the opposite direction.
    You are just zooming right along Mrs McD - you'll have it finished in no time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
    Sock yarn....I'm always drooling over sock yarn for some reason. Not that I can knit a pair of socks or anything...lol...but I am planning to take a class this year to learn how to knit socks, so once that happens going to the yarn store may become far more dangerous than it already is!

I use sock yarn for way more than just socks....scarves, shawls, fingerless mitts. I'm slightly addicted to sock yarn. Especially handpainted sock yarn....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In re: yarn shops, I like our Sacramento one: Rumpelstiltskins.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As it turns out, size 4 needles are a little too big for the pattern I cast on. I got home and got to looking at my stash, and thinking about buying organizational tools to manage it...what I really ought to do is quit buying yarn, theres the trick.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    In re: yarn shops, I like our Sacramento one: Rumpelstiltskins.
    That's a cute name! I didn't realize you were near Sacramento....nice town, I enjoyed visiting there a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kmonokwe View Post
    As it turns out, size 4 needles are a little too big for the pattern I cast on. I got home and got to looking at my stash, and thinking about buying organizational tools to manage it...what I really ought to do is quit buying yarn, theres the trick.
    If you figure out how to quit adding to the stash, please clue me in on the secret! I'm going to have to live to be 300 just to use up everything I have now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I feel the same way!! Tonight, in an effort to use what I've got, I cast on a new Lacy Waves Scarf using a dark midnight blue in Caron Simply Soft <3
    I've made this one in red before, and its beautiful. The red was knit with size 11 needles, but this time I'm knitting with size 9's, and I've added some width to the pattern. With the red scarf, I had quite a bit left at the end of the skein, so I'm hoping the width will help use up almost the entire skein. Maybe I'll make it longer, too - just knit til I run out. We'll see! So far, so good

By the way, this is a fantastic beginner's lace pattern. Extremely easy to memorize, only uses yarn over and knit-two-together. Easy as pie, decorative and warm!