2010 Sewing Challenge
Page 1 of 47 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question 2010 Sewing Challenge

Are we going to try for a sewing challenge in 2010? I have a ton of fabric that needs to be sewn up. I'm pausing on the quilts, though I have a few in mind. I really want to sew some clothes for myself this year. Plus maybe some tote bags, etc.

Anyone else interested? I'm thinking a project a week or maybe a month...depending what it is...or maybe just listing what we're working on at the beginning of each week, and what we need to do next. How does that sound? What do you think? Anyone else up for this?
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'm definitely up for a project a week!
    I also want to sew some clothes in the upcoming year. I haven't sewn from patterns in years because of frustrating fit problems.
    I've been collecting beautiful vintage 50's patterns and I want to make a few of those in 2010 and just become more patient overall in following other people's directions.
    I'd like to start the first week by making my sleeping cap. I've put that off far too long!~
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sigh...that's my problem nuisance26. I am a half size, petite. Weird. I'm looking at patterns on Jan. 3rd at Fabricland. I think they're on sale then. I sorted through my patterns today and it's pretty sad. I put half of them in a pile to give away...sigh...

For now my first project is dinner napkins from an old tablecloth. I tore them into 18.5" squares today and will hem them to 18" the first week of January. There will be 12 when I'm done. Means I can throw out some of the old cloth napkins that are permanently stained.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was young I made all my clothes for school. Then when I was a mother I made a lot of my clothes plus my girls. Off & on thru out the years, I would get the sewing machine out.. But this Christmas I made 34 pairs of felted mittens & I made a discovery.. I missed sewing! So, now I've got all these ideas. I don't know about monthly projects, but, gladly will share any projects. Happy Sewing 2010
    Ali

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut with you as a leader we will all accomplish a lot. I have a few little things I want to make ....... like a bag to hold plastic bags, reversible pocketbooks.......they won't take much time so surely, surely even with my Christmas projects I could handle at least one a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have lots of fabric that needs to be sewn up as well! I want to make some tote bags, some triangle bags and maybe some little make-up bags and such. I probably won't be doing much sewing in January, but I'll start up again in February! I can't wait to see pictures!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow Ali Lee! That's a lot of mitts! Glad you're joining us.

Vickilynn: I hope you will share your patterns/finished pics when you make things. I so enjoy seeing what others have done and getting inspiration from them.

Tervsforme: join in anytime! I'm thinking totebags this year too. I have these patterns of things I'd like to sew for the house and for sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sure am always up for anything to do with sewing. Though as we move into gardening season my sewing all but stops - still have a few months to get some in.......and heaven only knows I have enough fabric.

Mine will be mainly totes, shirts, and finish a couple quilts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One suggestions would be to do the posting by the month - - I think it is easier to find.

Last year we ended up with two or three sewing threads (basically doubles) and it became a bit confusing.

Are we going to have a 'sewing thread' and a 'sewing challenge thread'??? Whatever it is - monthly is easier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmmm...I was going to make it a challenge thread. Otherwise I tend to lose it. And lose motivation. Are you on dial-up FF?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it sounds like a great idea. I have a huge list of sewing projects that I need to complete. I could probably do one per week depending on what crochet projects I'm working on. And how cooperative my dd is. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to jump in here also. I don't know if I will get all the things done I would like, but I am going to try, try, try to sew more in 2010. Too bad I'm not that great at sewing! =)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would love to see some challenges maybe by month! I need to get better acquainted with my sewing machine, I have great plans for this year! I have no idea how to sew really! I actually have a hard time sewing a straight line! But I am determined to complete some projects for Christmas 2010, so I would love to follow along on this challenge. Some things I would like to try and make are some quilted totes/handbags, a quilted diaper bag, a quilted wallet(man's), and possible just a plain quilt or lap quilt. Small easy to complete projects!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was planning for this challenge to be all about us working on our own thing. I wasn't going to try and think up specific challenges for people. I find that kind of constraining for myself. I think we can all set our own goals and work towards them together and share our process and results as we go along.

My goal is simply a project every payday...every two weeks. If I do more, great! If not...sigh...we'll see... Really it depends on the complexity of the project. I have a few in mind that will take awhile to complete.

I'm off to look at my wardrobe and come back with a list of things I want to sew in 2010. I think that's the best place for me to start.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want to play! This is my year to learn how to sew

Page 1 of 47 123411 ... LastLast