FV Reading Challenge 2012
Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up FV Reading Challenge 2012

Many of us read bunches in 2011. I really enjoyed seeing what others were reading and their thoughts on what they read. This will be the official thread for you to post what you are reading and share any thoughts/feelings you may have. Feel free to let us know what books are waiting in the wings. I know it warms me up having a stash of good books waiting in line.

I came close to 100 books read last year & hope to surpass that this year. I'd also like to read a wider range of books, I usually stick to fiction but want to read more non-fiction and add more classics to the bunch.

What are your goals?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes I always look forward to this thread. I started off strong last year....but then dwindled down to almost nothing. So I am hoping to read at least one book a month, if more great if not....than at least I made my one a month goal. I am so busy with the kids and work and everything, that I hope to be able to squeeze it all in!
    2014 Emergency Fund: $0/$1000-Starting Fresh after buying a house
    2014 Reading Challenge: 0/12-A book a month(realistic goal)
    2014 Coupon Savings:
    2014 Freebies Received:3
    2014 Christmas Fund: $103/$1503(weekly savings plan plus bank bonus of $125)
    2014 Homesteading Skill a month: January-Knitting
    January Grocery budget: $260.23/$500
    2014 Pound a week Challenge: 1/30
    2014 Emergency Fund: $0/$1000
    2014 Change Jar Challenge: $0
    January no eat out challenge: 15/31

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to strive for 1 book a month.

My first goal is to complete the Harry Potter series. So far, I have volume 1 read and I am starting on Volume 2.

I did not participate in this last year, so maybe I can follow through and accomplish at least 1 a month.
    Hello from Sunny Central Florida
    Cheryl

Gardening in zone 9B

~If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive. ~ Eleonora Duse

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in again for 2012. It is fun to see what we all read. I also have piles of books to read and got a gift card to the book store this year.
    Steph

FY 2014
    7/25 books read this year
    10/20 no spend days for April

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in. I wind up getting caught up in work and the kids, but I need, need, need to read more this year. I feel so good when I read and I just can't stop once I start. I have 2 books on the iPad now, that I have for a few more days, because they are from the library. I also got a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card from one of my piano students, so I can pick something fun to read when I get a chance.

So, I'm in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I started out last year but fell by the wayside quickly, on the posting, not the reading.

I have lots of downtime at work, and my goal is to read during most of that, not surf the web, which mostly ends up costing me money. I've found it hard to settle to reading there, but it's just a matter of establishing the habit. I have tons of things on my Kindle to read.

I also listen to lots of audiobooks while I crochet or play computer games or work puzzles, so I'll count those in too. While I'm on vacation, I'm spending almost all my time crocheting and listening to a lot of Terry Pratchett, for the umpteenth time.

I'll try to be more consistent with posting this year, and keeping a tally. I usually grow weary of that soon, but since I'm determined to track my yarn destashing for the year, I might as well count books too. I may sort out short stories and novellas - I have a lot of those and I would like to clear them out of the Kindle, permanently. My archive is becoming unmanageably long. So maybe I'll also make make reading a few of those each month a goal.

Right now, I'm listening to Pratchett's Wintersmith, the third of the Tiffany Aching books.
    DONNA

Reading: 20

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm working on some brain candy right now - picked up at the airport and typically read only when I'm sitting around waiting. I am sure it will still be incomplete in 2012, so it will probably be my first. I am going to shoot for 12 this coming year, just because I don't find I have a lot of "down" time.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sooooo in! I read every day. The used book superstore is my best friend. Lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a challenge. I used to read alot and have too fallen off the wagon. one of my goals this year is to also read one book a month minimum.

2012 here I come.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in, my first challenge on FV. I used to read a couple of books a week, but life happened and now I'm lucky if I can get a couple in a month. So I'm shooting for 36 for 2012.

I treated myself to a Kindle for my birthday in August, and my work and my Mom both gave me amazon gift cards for Christmas, paired with swagbucks and mypoints I should be all set on books for a while!

Currently I'm reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War....it is great, didn't think it would be THIS good!
    Mom to one furbaby: Bailey
    and two waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Willow (6/2003-8/2012) and Xander (?/2003-6/2003) R.I.P.

2013 Reading Challenge: 0/25
    2013 No Spend Days: ?/275
    2013 Weight Loss Challenge: 2/50lbs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in. I love to read before I go to bed. Trying to get different genre in but end up reading mostly mysteries. I am in for 52.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd like to join in! I love to read and do so as often as I can! I'm going for 1 book a week so 52 books!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I almost made my goal... but slowed down near the end of the year.

Going for 50 books again in 2012
    Frugalista Mama to DD 14 & DS 10
    Crazy Boxer *Sadie*
    **Debt Free Minus the House**

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in. I started out strong last year then dwindled down to almost nothing. I have alot of books I want to get through and donate them to the library for their book sales. I will aim for 12 for 2012. If I do better, great!
    April No Spend Days - 910 /22
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 103 /365
    2014 April Gas Challenge - $35 / $80
    April Keep Fit - 330 min / 900 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Give God your problems and he will give you His peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in..I think I will shoot for two per month.

My first will be "What's in the Bible for Mothers" I have been wanting to read this for over a year..I think I will start today!

Happy 2012 reading everyone!
    Mom to Sara Louise (11) Wife to wonderful hubby Chad

and furbabies Morrison passed away 12/9/07...will be missed greatly and Casey our German Shepherd mixed mutt from the local animal shelter

Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast