2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 36
Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738394686 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Low maintenance is the only way to go! That's worth paying extra, IMO. In the long run it's just so much easier to work with. But wouldn't it be better to spend the money on home repairs, if you want to sell before long?

Your walk sounds nice!

I knew you're looking for a market canopy. They're harder to come by than the slant-leg variety. We picked up a 12x12 market style lately and I still can't believe it, especially since it was only $100, which was a steal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No, we won't sell the house. DH won't let me. Remember? So we're stuck with it. Right now I just don't want expensive landscaping put in if we have to pull it out to do foundation work. Not sure, but I think that's what might end up happening here. Won't be able to do a thing until the boarder moves out though, and we have someone come look at the situation to tell us what to do. The thing is, to even get a structural engineer to come look at the house here, they insist you rip out your basement walls so they can see what's going on. Means at the very least you have to redo your entire basement interior, or at the worst, redo your entire foundation. Not fun. We would have to borrow money to do anything to the basement.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, Peanut.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy putting in another couple hours of rug hooking this morning. My Moose & Mountains rug is 2/3 finished now. Should be able to finish it by the end of the week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

How's everyone doing? Update...

- Rug hooking coming along fine. Onto the mountains in the background of the rug. Time to perk up the colour. This is going to be one riotous sunset! Bring on the silks!
    - Dyeing some wool and silk with tansy a friend gave me last fall. Beautiful greens for hooking.
    - Company we thought was coming is not coming today. Which is good...because I FORGOT they were coming and was totally unprepared and have plans to go out this evening.
    - Partner-in-crime came up with another sale for us to go to before Christmas...a big one.
    - Sample fabric and yarns came from Dharma. Friend and I went through them and picked the one we think they are using for sari silk and rug hooking. It is much cheaper than buying it already dyed! I am going to order it by the meter and dye it myself.
    - Going through garden design books earmarking photos of designs I like for the front yard. I decided to just let DH go ahead with it anyways, and follow along because...
    - Boarder asked us last night if she could stay till Christmas, when she finishes her ESL program. We said 'yes'. Means we won't be working on the basement this year anyways.
    - Boarder asked if a friend could come stay for awhile...a long while...like a year. Friend is a girl I know through church. Very nice and friendly. DH thinks she's too dominant for our household. Maybe for him, not sure about me. The question is how manipulative she is. I don't know her well enough to know. We are trying to avoid the manipulative people. They stress me out. Have to think about this. Extra money again, but there's a lot more to renting than that. She and the other boarder would have to share the basement. It might get a bit crowded for the first introvertive boarder. The second boarder is a screaming extrovert! Got to think on this. Pastor is for it. For now, short term. She might have a longer term solution come fall.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

15. Drop 2 sizes through consistent exercise and healthy eating. I have walked 3 days this week and did toning exercises 2 days. I have been tracking my calories on a website and trying to stay around 1,500 -- success 2 out of 3 days.

20. Take supplements daily for my health concerns. I got sick last week and have been taking garlic and probiotics.

2014 Project Challenges:
    2014 Twenty Wishes Challenge: 5/20 complete :-)

Just trying to keep on keeping on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Guess what - company is coming after all.

Had a chat with DH re: basement. He doesn't think it's that serious. Hmm... Last time I checked he didn't have an engineering degree... He has agreed to call in a house inspector at some point. That's as far as I could get him to commit. But he won't commit to a time frame for it. Contractor this spring stated we needed to have an engineer look at it. husbands...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay...let's see what I've been up to today...

2. Make something for sale each week. - Working on "Moose & Mountains" rug. Hope to finish it in a couple days here.
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - Added up craft sales for this year and it looks like we'll be in 3 at least, possibly 5.
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - Going okay, but I'm finding it boring. Need to find something to jazz things up a bit. Not the same old, same old. Maybe I'll take on some meditation...
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - Noting photos of yards I like in library books.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - Didn't do much in the garden today except 'ooh' and aaahhh' it. It's growing by leaps and bounds with this rain!
    11. Do affirmations daily. - Done
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - I was going to put in a Dharma order, but I do not feel comfortable with the amount of funds in my bank account. So I am holding off. I do not need the material right away anyways. It can wait until before my next dye session. I want to check at my LYS to see if I can buy things cheaper than having them shipped to me.
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Well, kind of. My nephew's girlfriend wants to take a course with me this summer at Belfast Mini Mills in PEI. We signed up for a weaving course.
    15. Build a network of creative people. - Still working RHD's Wild with Wool group. It's not got much activity on it. Think I'll give it a rest and do my own thing.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - An opportunity has arisen for teaching English again. This would not be ESL kids, but adults. We'll see. I offered to help, but I don't feel a real sense of commitment here.
    18. Write e-book. - GF cookbook has 2 more recipes today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been outside working on drawers for the camper to hold our dishes, and hoping our idiot neighbor shows up again to cause more trouble. She's under the mistaken assumption (based on her pointless guesswork) that we have two campers sitting half on her property, which we don't. So I hope she comes over to bitch about it some more and insist again we have to move them. We've located a second pin put in by surveyors, which proves absolutely that our trailers are on our land, so that should shut her up for good and I can't wait to see the look on her face when I prove it to her. AND tell her she better clear her own path to the lake to get to the other survey pin, since she's been walking on OUR land to get down there. After all, like she said, even though it does no harm, IT'S THE PRINCIPLE.

Damn, I hate being accused of things when I'm guilty of nothing.

Nazi. Yes, I'm in a bad mood.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If you give some people an inch, they take a mile, as the saying goes. I have relatives like that. I try to avoid them. Which will probably result in me being absent from my own father's funeral, but that might be for the best all round.

Hope you have a better day today SD.

I've been rug hooking and spraying my garden with insecticidal soap. Found a worm of some sort on my radish, and thrips...again. I sprayed right away, and hit the irises while I was at it. That's where the thrips started as far as I can figure. Will have to talk to DH about our habit of leaving the leaves on the ground for mulch in the winter. I think we might have to do more serious cleanup and see if that deters the bugs/critters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The weird part is, they had the land surveyed ten years ago when they bought it, but apparently had no complaint back then when the lot line would have been clearly marked for all to see. We've had trailers parked in that spot for over fifteen years, so if the surveyor's tags would have run through the middle of our boat, utility trailer, and pop up camper then, WE would have questioned it even if they didn't.

We just don't get it.

I hope you can get the bugs under control in your garden. That's so frustrating.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

"I love it when things work out. I've learned over the years to just wait, and things will come to me." by SD- I should make a poster of this and put it where I can see it daily- well spoken!!

Yup, yup will be adding mine for the summer sometime during this weekend!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Update:

1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal - Keeping up the journal.
    2. Make something for sale each week. - Almost finished the Moose & Mountain rug.
    3. Piece a quilt top every month. - Nope
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - Not this week, but I've done 1 sale and 4 more are lined up.
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - Still struggling with the old devotional.
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - Talked to DH about the front yard last evening and went through some library books on garden design. Tonight we're going to draw up some plans.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - Busy enjoying it today. Clipping and pinching some herbs to get them to spread a bit. I think I need to feed everything with some fish fertilizer.
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - Nope...well yes...well health improved, but only lost 22 lbs.
    9. Eat healthy - Yes
    10. Exercise 5x/week - Nope
    11. Do affirmations daily. - Yes
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - Yes
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - No
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Almost. I am signed up for a weaving class with my nephew's girlfriend this summer. But this fall is another rug hooking class.
    15. Build a network of creative people. - Working online. The Wild With Wool group has picked up again.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - Looks like I'll be helping teach adult immigrants through the church next.
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - No
    18. Write e-book. - Working on the GF cookbook, but copyright on recipes has reared its ugly head.
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - That would be the Moose & Mountains rug.
    20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - I talked to my artist friend. Now I just need to get out and take the photos when it's not raining!

To Do:

~ finish Moose & Mountains (I am soooo close!),
    ~ piece some quilt tops,
    ~ hook some small pieces for sale,
    ~ draw up plans for front yard,
    ~ fish fertilizer on patio garden,
    ~ EXERCISE!
    ~ make a trip out to a nearby trail area,
    ~ show up at church to teach immigrant adults,
    ~ take photos of rugs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Read back a few more - Peanut - of course the Pastor is for one of his parishoners moving into your home - not their home!!

Finally worked on my list and want to get it posted to I get go public and get more focused!!

What would I like to accomplish this summer of 2012? Okay – I admit that this seems more like things to do for a year, but I need to get started and truthfully will not unless I have a list to work from – and some accountability – Mahalo friends!!
    1. Finish and file 2011 taxes
    2. Organize 2012 paperwork
    3. Get in a regular exercise routine, floss daily = basic good health
    4. Bridal party dresses
    5. Clean bedroom
    6. Mammogram
    7. Dental health
    8. Plan quilt squares
    9. Create fall wardrobe
    10. Stay in touch with friends
    11. Make a clean, clear and peaceful LR for DH
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - Spent this afternoon talking to DH and drawing up plans. We have two versions to work with now. I like the second one better, and I think he does too.

19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Had a friend over to help me with Moose & Mountain rug. The sky is being difficult. Pulled out a few more red strips and am going to replace them with something more neutral. Sunsets are hard to hook.