2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 37
Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish and file 2011 taxes There are a couple of files here and there – it’s better than a total disaster. Next step – get it all organized in one container
    2. Organize 2012 paperwork – will be addressed after 2011 taxes are finished.
    3. Get in a regular exercise routine, floss daily – Exercise in progress – will be easier to get in a schedule when foot is not so painful. Am flossing daily – but do not have the whole routine in place – will wait till root canal is pau.
    4. Bridal party dresses – Next step – get all my notes together
    5. Clean bedroom – 15 minutes a night decluttering
    6. Mammogram – need to schedule
    7. Dental health – So far – one tooth reconstructed, one tooth pulled, appt and plan made with gum dentist – appts in Aug. This gum work is $1600 out of pocket – so glad that I have dental insurance – my teeth are worth it. Regular dental visit to address second step on his plan is this coming Tuesday. Root canal is this Thursday.
    8. Plan quilt squares – Just checking around to see what’s available. Need to decide on fabric from stash.
    9. Create fall wardrobe – want to make some long skirts from fabric stash. With foot challenges as they are now – may need to get another pair of these crocs – broad heel base for support.
    10. Stay in touch with friends – Friend from Las Vegas is coming to visit beginning of July. Called pool friend a few days ago. Now who should I get in touch with next? I know what I am going to do!! Have a friend in PA who is going through some rough financial times – and I know that I have a supply of samples and small bottles of lotions, shampoos, etc – think I will box them up and send them off to her – plus any other goodies I find!! **I am also having lunch this Friday with a friend I used to teach with at a restaurant I have been wanting to visit!!
    11. Make a clean, clear and peaceful LR for DH and me!! Working on the decluttering again/still. DH is coming home tomorrow afternoon so I want this done as much as possible before I leave for work tomorrow morning.

So this afternoon, I am finishing up the LR. When my friend and her daughter were over last week, I had them bring all the stuff from my sewing table upstairs so I could easily go through it - yeah right, it's all still here - guess that's what I shall be doing tonight!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finished the rug, but I don't like it. I'm going to try and get feedback online...

ETA: starting with here. I hate this finished rug. The moose has a polka dot face I will rip out tomorrow and fix. And the sky is still not right. Any suggestions?

IMG_1991_0242.jpg
    Last edited by peanut; 06-18-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're always good for feedback!!
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

6. Use a time-saving cooking method weekly (slow cooker, OAMC, homemade mixes, etc). Will be eating Father's Day leftovers a couple days this week.

8. Replace ceiling fans in bedrooms (3). Priced some yesterday and comparing online today.

10. Paint all bedrooms. Sold the middle bedroom furniture set yesterday so I can get a smaller one later, and this freed up a lot of space so I can paint. Wall shelf is still a pain in the tail and I am about to concede this task to DH. Hopefully priming/painting this weekend?!

2014 Project Challenges:
    2014 Twenty Wishes Challenge: 7/20 complete :-)

Just trying to keep on keeping on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peanut, I think he's beautiful! The sky is absolutely perfect.

Since you asked for feedback, I will say I don't like his bald face but maybe that's what you intend to change. I also think maybe the tan antler should be the same as the other one.

But I'd still buy it as is. Gorgeous!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I attacked the wall shelf with a hammer and a pry bar and won Spackled some holes and will do a full job of it this weekend.

2014 Project Challenges:
    2014 Twenty Wishes Challenge: 7/20 complete :-)

Just trying to keep on keeping on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's right, get out the implements of destruction and show it who's boss! Good job!

This is the wrong thread for this but I can't find the right one, and Peanut, I know you hang out here and you wanted to know what my haircut experience was with the CreaClip. I finally got up the courage to have my husband cut my hair with the CreaClip. It was sort of an ordeal. He doesn't listen well. LOL. But it turned out pretty well, considering it was his first attempt. So then to return the favor I cut his. Two hours vs. ten minutes. But I've been cutting his hair for at least 35 years and he has a lot less hair than I do, so apples and oranges. So I think for me, the CreaClip will pay for itself eventually. At the least, I saved $25 on this haircut so can't feel too bad.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback SD. If only I could get someone to use it on my hair. Not happening here though. I'll hang onto it just in case though. Hope springs eternal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mostly rug hooking the last few days. Lots of rug hooking. I'm on a schedule now. Need to get 12 little rugs finished and priced by the end of next week. So far it's looking good. I managed to almost finish 2 today. Just about 15 minutes to go on the last one. I am so tired though. Had to go out today and this evening again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today we clear all the tools and stuff out of the camper and get him loaded for his maiden voyage. Lots to do. I'm going to put in some temporary POC Sterlite plastic drawers, since we won't have time to build the nice permanent drawers, for reasons I refuse to dwell on anymore. Then we can make the bed and start putting in all the stuff we'll actually use. It'll be good to get the trailer semi-ready. What hasn't gotten done will just have to wait. I'm sure we'll survive just fine.

We'll have to sanitize the water system, one of my least favorite jobs. Which reminds me I need to look that up and see what the bleach to water ratio is.

We're getting excited to go! Two years ago, we drove 9,000 vacation miles and had forty nights of camping. Last year, we only got to take one short trip, a 500-mile round trip for three nights. We're soooooo ready to start traveling again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Weekly Update:

1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal - Managed to keep this up this week.
    2. Make something for sale each week. - Made 3 small rugs the last couple of days for sale.
    3. Piece a quilt top every month. - Picked up some quilt backing today at the Ultimate Sale at Fabricland...50% off.
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - Turns out 2 of the craft sales we wanted to do were on the same day. So we axed one and now have 3 sales to go to before the end of the year.
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - doing this.
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - Drew up a front yard plan this week. DH wants me to draw elevations next.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - The rain has finally stopped so we can get back into the yard.
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - Health improved. Lost 20 lbs.
    9. Eat healthy - Only slipped up twice this week.
    10. Exercise 5x/week - Trying to fit in some walks, but really I'm half hearted about this.
    11. Do affirmations daily. - Hmm...forgot all about these this week!
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - Yes.
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - Not yet.
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - Trying Deanne Fitzpatrick's sky techniques out on my latest series of rugs.
    15. Build a network of creative people. - Working online with this.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - I am tutoring immigrants again...through the church...for free.
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - Nope
    18. Write e-book. - Still adding to the GF, DF, SF Cookbook.
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - Definitely managed that this month.
    20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - Worked with a friend and figured out how to skew and rotate, etc. to get photos fit for notecards.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. Finish and file 2011 taxes
    2. Organize 2012 paperwork
    3. Get in a regular exercise routine, floss daily = basic good health WIP
    4. Bridal party dresses
    5. Clean bedroom
    6. Mammogram
    7. Dental health another side road -may have to pullthetootheI had a root canal on yesterday
    8. Plan quilt squares WIP
    9. Create fall wardrobe
    10. Stay in touch with friends -lunch with friend today
    11. Make a clean, clear and peaceful LR for DH WIP

Love having a list to work from!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Too bad about the tooth MM. That's a bear. Lots of progress happening on your list though. That's a good thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo for the support!! My regular dentist called me last night to discuss the situation - after we talked for ten minutes we decided on pulling it and his office staff will set it all up. I am amazed at the doctors/dentists I have who will call to see how I am doing - talk about goin a step or ten beyond!!

5. Clean bedroom - 15 minutes a day.
    10. Stay in touch with friends -going out with friend and her DD today for shopping and lunch. Also planned lunch with friend from yesterday's lunch date.

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm glad they're taking good care of you there. Guess they want their teacher in the classroom!

I finished another rugette this morning...

blog PS sky overlapping circles.jpg

One more to go today.

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast