2012 Twenty Wishes Challenge - Page 39
Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just rolled in from the rally, and I'm tired. We had a great time, as always.

The list of mods (modifications) to get done on the camper grew quite a bit over the past week as we lived in it, but I think we're going to just love it once we get some of the major mods done. Can't wait to get started on those.

The privacy curtain for the toilet worked out great, but it was only up for about a day before I couldn't stand it. It's sort of claustrophobic with it up. I'm glad we have it but I think the only time it'll be used is if my mom is with.

Some work on the deck has to come first before trailer mods though. We're going to try to work on it at least an hour every day, although it's going to be hot out there. But I want to get it framed so I can work on laying the decking. I can handle an eight foot piece of 5/4 decking easily by myself, but 14 foot 2x12s are another story, so the framing has to be done when my husband can help me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Regrouping after the weekend. Today I'm spinning to make some yarn for rug hooking. I also ordered some silk to dye for rug hooking. And some dyeing supplies. We'll see what comes. That's the end of my ordering for awhile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just a quick check in.

Had another tooth extracted today - am a little wiped out. Glad it's over.

On the way to the appt. DH and I stopped by the sewing repair shop to bring in two more machines. Bottom line - he was able to service one of the two and it is rerady to be picked up - yeah - I am back in the sewing business.

Gnigh all
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gonna be a hot one today, 90 and humid. I'm thinking about moving the sewing machine and a TV to the camper. At least it cools off at night here. It's a nice 65 degrees here right now.

I cut down a comforter to fit the front bed in the camper, so that's done. I'm working on a sleeping system with the sheets, blanket, and bedspread all attached together so the whole works can be removed during the day or easily put out at night all in a bunch instead of one piece at a time, which will simplify and speed things up and make making the bed much less of a chore. Sort of a sleeping bag/bedding hybrid. The goal here is to make having two beds easy so we don't have to crawl over each other sharing the back bed. So I'm trying to figure out how to make converting the dinette to a bed and back again painless.

We bought a 10x10 instant-up canopy yesterday to replace the 12x12 we returned because it was too big. This one will fit across the truck bed, instead of having to go in the long way. With two big coolers and a storage system across the back of the truck, there is no room for anything else the long way. I tried putting the 10x10 screen room we bought for $5 a while back (no poles) on the new canopy's frame and it's a bit too small. Will have to give that some thought. Options are to cut down the frame on the canopy or make the screen room bigger. We'll see. It's very close so I'm sure I'll figure something out. This whole mess will become an AAR (Add A Room) for the new camper. Don't know if that will be done this year or not, but at least it's in the hopper and I'm thinking about it, now that I have the right canopy.
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, technically I should have done a month end report on all my 20 Wishes to keep everyone updated, so here goes...

1. Develop a giving plan & keep a giving journal - set up automated withdrawal to a charity this month. Still leaves me a bit to give to church functions.
    2. Make something for sale each week. - DONE
    3. Piece a quilt top every month. - definitely behind on this.
    4. Sell crafts at 2 or more craft sales, and online. - DONE, kind of. Was on Etsy and off this year. But it looks like I might be back up on the Net in a different format by Christmas.
    5. Improve my spiritual life through monthly retreats, daily prayer time and weekly Bible study. - Kind of. I took some time on Saturday to do an in-depth weekly Bible study. Didn't fit a retreat in though.
    6. Renovations - utility room, north fence, revamp front yard. - Getting there. At least we are walking the neighborhood and taking photos. The only thing holding this back is the situation with DH's work. We don't know if they are going to walk or not. The strike vote was taken over a month ago and they are still negotiating with management. The hope is things will be settled without them having to walk.
    7. Plan and maintain patio garden with DH. - DONE. Lots of flowers on spaghetti squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and beans. Harvesting lettuce, celery, viola, and herbs.
    8. Improve health by losing 34 lbs. - DONE (well...didn't have to lose 34 lbs. to improve it. Twenty-five did the trick.)
    9. Eat healthy - DONE
    10. Exercise 5x/week - No.
    11. Do affirmations daily. - Lost them again. I think there's a Freudian slip happening here!
    12. Keep a balanced budget for my allowance. - DONE so far.
    13. Spend one morning a week in nature. - Haven't really felt the need. I spend the afternoon in the backyard.
    14. Continue fibre arts education. Focus on rug hooking. - DONE so far. This last month I experimented with the different ways Deanne Fitzpatrick hooks skies. This month I think I will spend some time with the Internet Rug Camp and Gene Shepherd's way of doing things.
    15. Build a network of creative people. - DONE, but still working on this. I am still posting to Rug Hooking Daily and visiting other sites for rug hookers.
    16. Acquire teacher training to teach workshops. - I was tutoring English to immigrants.
    17. Set up a website to sell e-books and products. - Talked to a young man taking web design who owes us a favour. He says he'll set up a website for me for a deeply discounted rate.
    18. Write e-book. - Still working on the cookbook. Talked to a friend who is on the 3rd edition of her cookbook. She told me the copyright status of recipes, which helped a lot. I also started an e-book called "The Thoughtful Life". Will see where it leads me.
    19. Do a piece of rug hooking every month. - DONE
    20. Learn to take better photographs of my craft projects for selling online. - Had some advice from friends about how to photograph rugs and did some of my own photos for my portfolio.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This month I've decided to focus on sewing some quilt tops (small ones), the yard, a retreat, the Internet Rug Camp, and photographing rugs. I need more information on white balance I think. Will check a couple books I have on photography and see if they can help me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just muddle through it, myself. I hate some of my pics but my publisher loves them. I don't get it, but there you are. I do think I'm doing better than when I first started taking pics. Here's one of my product shots. That one did turn out kinda good.

Nothing done today. Too hot, plus a power outage. But I did find out the sheet I want to use to make the sleep system blanket is the right size, so that's something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I ended up abandoning "A Thoughtful Life" and moving onto an e-book called "Affordable Food". It is basically entries culled from my old blog on food, grocery budgets, and recipes. It's about 70 pages long, which I think is more than plenty for an e-book.

Updating my rug hooking portfolio today and preparing for the sale this weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Update

20 Wishes Update

1.Lose 55.6 lbs..... 3.4/55.6...I think I'm ready to finally get this going.

2. Read 12 books.....11/12

3. Listen to 12 audio books.....7/12

4. Complete 12 craft projects.......4/12

5. Get out of debt...working on it

6. 7000.00 in savings....7532/7000...done but I'm going to keep going.

7. 1000.00 in ef.....507/1000

8. Make cinnamon rolls from scratch....I have found a recipe...I'm going to wait till I'm at my first goal of 30 lbs lost and then make some and celebrate.

9. Make bread from scratch...same as above.

10. Get passport....I'm going to get a new pic taken when I reach that 30 lb goal.

11. Declutter apartment......Done

12. Plant herb garden....Done

13. Give up caffeine...In the process of giving up my diet coke for July...one week done!

14. Organize pics....dragging my feet on this one big time.

15. Finish puzzle....working on one

16. Finish my will....done!

17. Safety deposit box....done

18. Monthly pampering...not sure yet for July

19. Go to a Red Sox game...not looking promising but we'll see

20. Watch my entire collection of I Love Lucy dvds...done!
    No Fast Food 0/61
    Books 0/2
    Audiobooks 0/2
    Cross stitch 0/2
    Lose 10 lbs 0/10
    Zero Diet Coke 0/61
    WW meeting 0/8
    New Recipes 0/4
    Food Pantry 0/2
    Church 0/4
    Pamper Myself 0/2

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a tip from someone who has BTDT. Don't use food to celebrate a weight loss. It's completely counter-productive.

I've also found having bread and baked sweets around is the kiss of death if I want to keep weight off. They are trigger foods for me. If they aren't for you, then maybe you can get away with it, but why set yourself up for a binge?

Good luck in your weight loss. I know how difficult it is. I'm struggling with my own lifestyle changes and I know how much work it is and how easy it is to backslide.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Funny SD. Glad you wrote that. I was going to give Colleen my recipe for low fat cinnamon buns, but realized they still have sugar and carbs and will set up cravings, even at 350 calories. Colleen, have you ever read "Wheat Belly"? You might want to take it out of the library to glance through.

I'm taking today off for the most part. I have some more free fabric to pick up, and a friend to go visit, but that's it. I'm just chilling out. Will check the patio garden in a minute. Hopefully the squirrels and birds haven't eaten the lettuce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning and Happy New Week!!

Spent the weekend decluttering and getting rid of stuff - finally making a big dent. The LR should be completed by the time DH comes home on Saturday. Planning on doing the bedroom by the end of July.

Still trying to find the notebook with all the info about the attendants - I AM going to find it this afternoon!!

Make it a good one friends!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

350 calories!? That's a MEAL, including beverage! Wow.

I never thought I'd be one of "those people" and I'm not being real strict about it, but I'm really starting to believe curtailing carbs is the only way to go. After all, what do they feed cattle to fatten them for market? Yup, that's right, carbs.

The very best part about avoiding carbs is not feeling hungry before I should. Now I know if I do feel hungry, it's actually because I need something to eat, not because I ate something carby and went through the sugar high and then the sugar crash which makes me want to eat more. Vicious cycle. Non-carbs help keep my blood sugar more even so I don't get so hungry between meals. I automagically eat less.

I'll have to see how this works out over time. I'm not a total convert yet, but so far, so good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah... and 350 calories a cinnamon bun is HALF what the store-bought ones have for calories!

ETA: been out in the patio garden watering and filling up containers with dirt (some squirrels/birds have been digging in them!). Transplanted my spider plant too. Picked some lettuce and violas for salad.

Hung up my unsold rugs on the walls in the house. If nothing else, I can enjoy them for awhile!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It continually blows my mind what people eat and don't think about it, myself included. It's no wonder so many people are getting so much fatter.

Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast