The Walking Dead on AMC - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think Lori's treatment of Shane has been completely justified, given the circumstances. She feels betrayed that he could have taken her feelings and been so selfish, especially now that Rick's in the picture.

I'm an avid reader of the graphic novels, so I will not hesitate to admit that I'm rather upset by the whole Sophia storyline. I'm also not all too pleased with the Darryl and Carol line, also given what I've read in the graphic novels. They're using only a few of the storylines for the show that are in the novels and with most good series, the transition from novel to digital media should really coincide with about 95% of what's contained in the written material.

Long story short:

The Sophia storyline was only put in for ratings.
    Certain characters shouldn't even be around anymore.

Don't get me wrong; I love zombies. I'm right there with Nichole when the apocalypse goes down (tac bac and crossbows included). I am just very displeased with how much they're straying from the graphic novel in this season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are novels about this series? I thought it was just comic books. What are they called and who writes them. I have to have something to get my zombie "fix" until the second half of the season starts again. Thanks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, they're graphic novels titled the same as the show and they're written by Robert Kirkman. There's fourteen volumes (but over 90 comics total) and you can get them in either paperback or hardcopy. The paperback versions of the volumes range between $10-$15.

You can also buy the hardcopy written novel Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman as well.

I've asked for volumes 6-14 for Christmas because I have 1-5 already. I absolutely love them!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not a fan of Lori, but I think her treatment of Shane is accurate. He lied to her and told her that her husband was dead. In reality, Shane left him barricaded in a hospital room. I understand that he did it because he thought it would be beneficial for her an Carl. But he still lied and left him for dead.

I'd say Lori's biggest sin in this is that she didn't confess right away.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't Shane confess before Lori??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Didn't Shane confess before Lori??
    Shane never confessed. If you're talking about the Rick thing, she found out when he came to the camp. Then, she berated him for keeping it a secret and not telling her, but then he tried to justify it in his own way.

As far as the pregnancy thing goes, I think she was right in telling Rick before telling Shane. As far as the affair goes, it really wasn't an affair because it stopped after she found out Rick was alive (and in all reality, she really did think Rick was dead - I doubt she'd have done anything with Shane had she known Rick was alive in the first place).

In the graphic novel, it goes like it does in the book... except well, there's one minor thing that I can't divulge in.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm also skeeved out by Shanes actions at the CDC.
    McD
    -wife to Z

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmm...I think I got the characters mixed up then I thought Shane confessed to Rick when they went out on one of the tours for the lil girl. From then, I thought Rick knew but didn't say anything to his wife until she blurted out her own lil secret and added the Shane one with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I vaguely remember the part you're talking about, where they were reminiscing about the past girls Shane had been with. He may have eluded to Lori in some manner, but it wouldn't have been big enough for many people to pick up on it.

I know Shane is a character that a lot of people like, but for me, he's just one big skeeze.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought during that scene, he eluded enough that Rick caught on to his admission. Maybe I was wrong? Oh Shane's scuzzy to me too - I'm waiting for the plot to turn enough to make the viewer want to like him....I wonder how long that wait will be

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the only show my hubby and I can agree on! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too believe that Shane pretty much told Rick about him and Lori. I remember it and I thought they made it somewhat obvious that Rick definitely got was Shane was saying.

Rick then later had a conversation with her after they had the morning after pill talk and such, and asked if there was anything else he needed to know, and that is when she told him about her and Shane.
    Right is right even if no one else is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone else is doing it.

IF IT IS TO BE.....IT IS UP TO ME
    The 12/12/12 project! Missed this target...but onward I go!

$24,202.77 Total debt due on 11/11/11.

$2,902.33 Total balance due as of 2/5/13 .

Kitty mommy to:
    JC 5/3/2012 RIP...I miss you old man.
    Jack

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

momtotwoboys- I heard from a friend who never misses 'The Talking Dead' show after TWD that they are INTENTIONALLY changing the plot from the graphic novels- they want to keep people guessing. Makes sense- the show may not be as popular if people could predict what would happen, if it matched the g.n too closely.

i always had the impression Sahne truly thought Carl dead in the hospital and blocked the door to eithee a) keep his buddy from wandering around as an undead or b) out of sheer instinct, even if dead he wanted to 'protect' him from the mosters in the hospital.

If I recall coreectly he busted into that room and began unhooking everything, prepping to carry him out of there, only to think he was dead and had died when he unhooked all the medical machines.

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $141,279.52 Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$2548.29

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The soldiers were shooting everyone in the hospital. He would have never made it out of the hospital while carrying him before the soldiers caught up to him and killed them both. I took it as he blocked the door in hopes that the soldiers would assume the room was empty and pass him by.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 0

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakity View Post
    The soldiers were shooting everyone in the hospital. He would have never made it out of the hospital while carrying him before the soldiers caught up to him and killed them both. I took it as he blocked the door in hopes that the soldiers would assume the room was empty and pass him by.
    I can understand that. However, he intentionally lied to Lori about it. If I remember right, he justified it by saying that they wouldn't have left for a safer place if she had known he wasn't dead.

However, you leave your friend alone in a hospital, tell his wife/son that he died, then you start canoolding with the wife? Follow that up by his attack on Lori in the CDC and zeroing his weapon in on Rick in the woods?

You are a creeper, Dude. Straight up creeper.
    McD
    -wife to Z

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast