Frugal Village Forums banner

Free ebooks

Tags
ebooks free
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Megareader 
#1 ·
For those of you with a nook or kindle or even a smartphone. There's an almost endless supply of public domain books available for ereaders. These are books that are so old that the copyright has expired. At that point, anyone can copy or publish or give away at will. Sometimes individuals will post them free, and there are some libraries and universities that are making these available to download at no cost. The format is a little funny sometimes, especially on the title and illustration pages, but once you get into the text of the story it's usually okay.

If you have a nook, search the shop for Barnes & Noble Classics series and a bunch of free books will pop up. (Be sure to sort according to price.)

Stuff I just downloaded: Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Jules Verne, Alexander Dumas, Nathaniel Hawthorne.

If you haven't checked your library, you should. Through my membership with Monterey Public Library, I can borrow quite a few different books for free using my library card number.

Reactions: Darlene
#2 ·
i have a nook and i've never had to pay for an ebook or been without something to read.
you can also go to either b&n or amazon and input 0.00 in search after you go to the ebook dept and free ebooks will come up to download.
i also have a library that has an online ebook resource to check out books too nishu. i'm sure i'm going to be loving that this winter when it's too bad to get to the library.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.