Apps and E-Books Thread?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Apps and E-Books Thread?

I often find myself wondering... is there a FREE app for that?

I wonder if there is or could be an area containing threads for posting links to sites for e-books, apps others have found most useful for budgeting, shopping lists, and such things like suggestions for frugal uses of phones, kindles, and the like? How do you use your device to save money? Do you use it for keeping your lists, comparison shopping, coupon organizer, freebies, organizing your life, etc.?

For one thing, I wondered which device would suit me best - Kindle Fire, tablet, iPhone or whatever. Another thing, I have found myself searching around a couple of times for e-suggestions and have stumbled across a few discussions about free books, links to sites for free e-books, and a couple apps here and there. But I wonder if it might be more useful if it was all in one area.... is there already an area for this?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have an iPad and I absolutely love it. I use it as my eReader with the Nook app, I use it as my family organizer (calendar/shopping list/etc.) with my Cozi app, and as my entertainment with all of the free games and tv channels that allow you to watch shows online. I just watch from my iPad. The kids also use the iPad for games and video chatting with friends. It really is so useful. I know they have a lot of free budgeting apps, as well, but we use Quicken on Dh's computer for our money, so I don't need them. However, I do have the Amex app which allows me to see the current state of my bill at any time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, for exactly discussions like this. I'm looking for a moderator to decide if there is an appropriate area that could *house* all device discussions, suggestions, questions, links to apps, and free stuff for devices

Looking through the FV areas, I can't seem to put my finger on the area that would best house this type of thread because sometimes it's household related (organization, binders), sometimes it's leisure (e-reading, electronic journaling) related, sometimes it's craft related (I use my Kindle for crochet patterns), sometimes it's money related..... but it seems there should be a specific place to put these e-device threads.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Done! We're now in Leisure and Media Arts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am looking forward to this thread....thanks for suggesting it. When I have more time, I'll list a couple of apps I have on my phone.
    ~Dana~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wooHOO..this thread is JUST what I was looking for.

I'm SO new at e-readers....my dh and father bought me a kindle fire for christmas. ~WOW. I was shocked and excited!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just this morning learned about this site from another FV thread, but I think it also should be mentioned in this thread since it has broad appeal. Thanks to the original poster!

Free Kindle Books

Kara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm the happy owner of a Kindle touch given to me by the kids for Christmas. I now frequent the Kindle Discussion Forum (can find it in Kindle Store area on Amazon) and have learned bunches and answered some questions for new touch owners if I can. Reading the manual could help most,lol. Many of the free books I've gotten for my KT have come from there. They have one thread that is called "Free books" and then the date. They use this site to get most of the freebies and people post what ones they have chosen and any others they have found from other sources. I have almost 50 books ready to be read,lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love my Cozi.com app for calendar, grocery and other lists. They also have a way to make menu plans but I haven't dived into that yet.

I also love that I can send PDF's of my crochet patterns so I have materials listed plus makes it easier to increase the size and keep my place when I'm crocheting.

I just got my spark people dot com's app for weight loss, caloric intake, and water consumption but it has a lot of other stuff on there as well!

Those are just a few of my faves.... so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, wanted to add: If you see free books, grab them when you see them as prices can change very quickly. And since they can change so quickly, make sure before you click that it really is still free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just found out about PixelofInk.com and Inspired Reads to stock up on free and greatly reduced Kindle books. So happy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

free organizing book at amazon for kindle
    ''( and if you dont own a kindle you can download a kindle app for free at amazon to use on your your computer andriod iphone etc etc ) was still free when i just checked on it

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AM5IJW/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title"]Amazon.com: Organized Simplicity eBook: Tsh Oxenreider: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BbJXZlmHL.@@AMEPARAM@@51%2BbJXZlmHL[/ame]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Debbie, I was just getting ready to let everyone know I got that book for free on Amazon today...I have found that by subscribing to Thrifty Wifey (and others) on facebook, they give out that info on free Kindle books ALOT!!!! Love it!!!
    Sheri

GO COLTS!!!!!

Wife to Dale
    Mom to Paige and Abbie
    dogmom to Casey and Callie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The only site I use for free books is eReaderIQ.com | The Easier, Faster, Smarter Way to Kindle!. You can see all free books available or even sort them out by genre. I try to check everyday so I don't have to look through so many pages.

You can sign up for email updates and can make a list of books you want to be notified about if the price drops. It is awesome.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

looks to be afree gluten free cookbook
    saw a friend pass it on to her friend on FB when i clicked looked to still be free

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Z2ER4C/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=amloit-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006Z2ER4C"]Amazon.com: Delicious and Nutritious Gluten-Free Lunch Recipes: Affordable, Easy and Tasty Meals You Will Love (Bestselling Gluten-Free Recipes) eBook: Martha McBride, Bestselling Book, Highly Recommended: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61VFO8fVyTL.@@AMEPARAM@@61VFO8fVyTL[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast