Trading Spaces...Hildy...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down Trading Spaces...Hildy...

Did anyone see the episode last week where she put feathers, yes, feathers--on the wall?

Well this week she's supposed to be putting cardboard on the walls.

What I thought was really funny was that last week she mentioned that *her* house is ALL WHITE. Definitely not what I expected to hear about her.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That show is really getting to be kinda silly at times. I mean feathers, good gravy. I'd be a tad bit upset if they did my room in feathers or in cardboard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I missed the "feathers" episode but I did want to watch it. I saw the previews tonight for the cardboard....lol did you see the chair she made.

I may have to watch this one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saw it, it was hideous. She is such a . It seems like she goes out of her way to make the homeowners rooms unlivable. I did not think she could do worse than the hay but I think that the feathers are running a close second, LOL. Remember the silk flowered walls in the bathroom that she did, yucko .

I wonder what the cardboard room will look like. It almost has to be an improvement over the feathers, LOL.

I am hooked though, no matter how terrible the rooms are, I will keep watching...
    {standing up} my name is Kathy and I am a Trading Spaces addict.

Master Dollar Stretcher MJsLady's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just can't watch her! I remember someone posted someplace her business should be named "Wrecking rooms" or "Room Wreckers" or something!
    I haven't watched the show much lately. I would love to see a Vern one, he was my fave, then Frank then Gen.
    Gen has way tooooo much energy though! LOL But Hildy, Doug and the new ones I cannot stand! (especially that one with the grave bedroom! was supposed to be a garden and she made the bedspread out of astroturf! First thing I thought of was, who wants a grave in their house? Next was, what guest is gonna wanna sleep in that????)
    I miss Lori, I wonder how she and the baby are doing.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by MJsLady
    I would love to see a Vern one, he was my fave, then Frank then Gen. 
    Those are my favorites, in that order, too! 

I missed the feathers room, but I did see her silk flowered bathroom a while back.

I'd be so mad if Hildi came in and did something awful to my house.  Think of all that time and money wasted.  I started disliking her the time she redid a man's bedroom, and all he asked was that they leave his Berber carpet, which was black and gray.  Hildi redid the room in black and silver, but ripped out the carpet and left cement floors because the carpet supposedly didn't fit in with the room.  I thought that was just mean!

Master Dollar Stretcher MJsLady's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I remember that one! Boy that guy was MAD and he had every right to be!
    Then she did the one where she wrecked a perfectly good sofa by trying to spray paint it and left it out (in Seattle no less, the rain capitol of the USA!) then replaced it with a cheapo set from Ikea or some place.
    I love the BBC show, changing rooms, they actually do shows where they go back and check on the rooms and the people get to tell the desingers why they didn't like them.
    TS needs to do that sometime

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I missed the feathers one. Don't know where they get their crazy ideas. I also hated the one where I think it was Lori put those swirls all over the bedroom walls. Her "inspiration" was a tiffany box & put those ugly swirls all over...just hidious.

You enjoying the book Michelle?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think Hildi just tries to be as outrageous as she can so that everyone will talk about her and remember those designs. Those are some brave people who turn their rooms over to her!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saw the silk flower one one day when i was on vacation at my moms, it was awful!
    ~~ Missy ~~

Planting and raising an urban homestead in the middle of Downtown big city right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

Zone 5 Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, we watched it. DH said Hildy better be a fast runner because he would chase her down and make her re-do it if it were our home..lol

Now the hubby thiught it was okay and all the wife said was that she didn't hate it (which is a nice way for her to say she does...lol)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You know..I liked everything but the feathers! The color and fabric were really pretty. Hilde is a freakin control freak1 I do think she goes against the owners wishes on purpose so she can be a "rebel" or something. Personally she comes aacross as a ...you know what. From what I have heard Vern is not doing the show anymore..not that I blame him..and if its true I probably wont be watching as much..

Carol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually, I don't think the wife liked it at all because she was asking the other couple why they let her do that and she hoped they knew that they would be helping her fix it!!! I also have found it interesting that the couples do not get to talk with the designers once the room is finished to let them know whether they like it or not.