Frugal Village Forums banner

What's your favorite commerical?

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  guest2 
#1 ·
Mine would have to be the Kohl's commerical that was running last summer...With the Ice Cream truck....I love that little song :)

#2 ·
I always think of FV when this one is on,lol.

The geico insurance one where a guy and girl are talking soap opera style ....
He~ I've got some good news...
She~ Your leaving Jessica?
He~ No, i just saved a load of money on my car insuarance by switching to geico....

She starts to cry and walks away angry

He all serious~ I saved... i thought that meant something to you

#3 ·
Commercials seem to run in cycles... they'll have a lot out that are hilarious and then they'll go through a period of insulting your intelligence. kwim?

I think, probably, my all time favorite is the Beano one with the monks sitting down to dinner with their bowls of beans and the the announcer says, "For those times when you just can't break your vow of silence." :laugh:

Another commercial from years ago was an HBO one... "Are Saturday nights getting you down?" Bubble head blond is standing there, twirling her hair, "Like, I don't eat meat because I'm a veterinarian." And then Billy Joe Jim Bob pops on the screen, "EEwww WWeee! You look finer than a new set of snow tires." :laugh:

My current favorites are the idenity theft commercials. Especially the one where the girl is working in the dentist office but you hear "Larry" talking about his freaky tikki weekend in Tiajauna after he got new hair plugs and "a wax job on the 'ol chasis." (sleazy laugh) "Whoa, girls. There's enough Larry to go around." :crackup:

This I'm sure will turn out to be a very fun thread. ;)

#4 ·
I love the "Rubberband Man "

#5 ·
justatxmom said:

I think, probably, my all time favorite is the Beano one with the monks sitting down to dinner with their bowls of beans and the the announcer says, "For those times when you just can't break your vow of silence." :laugh:

My current favorites are the idenity theft commercials. Especially the one where the girl is working in the dentist office but you hear "Larry" talking about his freaky tikki weekend in Tiajauna after he got new hair plugs and "a wax job on the 'ol chasis." (sleazy laugh) "Whoa, girls. There's enough Larry to go around." :crackup:

I NEVER SAW THAT BEANO ONE! Oh! But I LMAO when reading your description.

And I like THAT ID theft one too. I stop and watch it every time it comes on.

#6 ·
I remember the beano one...weren't they sitting at this long table..?

And I love the id theft ones.:laugh:

#7 ·
Yeah, I like the identity theft fake-voice ones, too.

Currently, though, my favorite is still the anti-Kerry commercial where the vets whose names he used without asking slam him. (www.swiftvets.com) Sorry, whether you like him or not, he should have checked with those guys before saying they supported him. :toothy:

Sorry, I'll get off my :soapbox: now!

#8 ·
I have never seen that commerical till now. Did he think he could get away with lying knowing these men were still alive today? Not very smart move for him. I'd be to embarrassed to go on tv and say things I know are not the truth....what did he hope to gain?! I'm sure he only hurt himself.

I'm not even registered to vote and listen at me go on lol

#9 ·
i just saw the funniest T-Mobile commercial. There is a man running around a neighborhood late at night holding his cell phone a man throws an empty can at him saying get a better plan harold he runs into a yard and a spotlight comes on and a dog runs out and attacks him. it is funny... Some of the Nascar commericals are funny too.

#12 ·
#13 ·
Here's one from a long time ago, in Indiana, that will appeal to us frugalistas:

View from inside a truck, which is driving down a nice suburban street: women running out toward the truck, trying to flag it down.

Megaphone voice: Ladies, you can't shop here. You have to go to the store.

Pan back to reveal: It's a Goodwill truck!

#14 ·
LOVE the staples one, especially the alice cooper one.

I love the identy theft ones too. I like the "Larry" one. There's also the man sitting on the bus stop bench talking in a womans voice about how he got a butt lift saying he deserves a little junk in the trunk, some new nails, hair extensions and so on.

I liked the underwear dancing man too...the music just made me happy, lol.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.