BOOK REVIEW - The Sacrifice by Beverly Lewis
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up BOOK REVIEW - The Sacrifice by Beverly Lewis

Remember, we did a book club on the first in this series titled The Covenant. The next book was titled The Betrayal.

The third book in the cities is titled The Sacrifice.

Life in Gobbler's Knob was all Leah Ebersol ever wanted until older sister Sadie abandoned faith and family, leaving Leah to believe the worst, that Sadie - and her own beloeved Joans-had betrayed her.

Loyal neighbor Smithy Gid patiently bides his time, and Leah finds herself on the verge of accpting his courting invitation. But when tragedy once more befalls the Ebersols, Leah must again choose between her own happiness and her family...
    This book is wonderful. I found a few surprises in it, but on the whole it is written as I thought it might be. Leah continues to be a shining example of a wonderful daughter. Abram continues to mystify me and actually make me quite angry at him in spots in the book. A tragic event happens which I had never thought about at all. And you still don't know who Leah's birth father is, although one can suspect like I do.

Its a wonderful read. Lewis has done a great job is leading you off the path you think the book might go and leaves you with many questions when you finish the book. It also leaves you hungering for the next book, coming out in Oct. titled The Prodigal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oooh! I can't wait. I haven't gotten to this one yet. I just picked up The Betrayal today. There are times when I wanted to reach through the first one and shake the parents to make them realize what was going on behind their back. Sounds like it gets better.