Frugal Wagon Challenge-Sept 2-Sept 6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only used the AC for about 2 hours yesterday. I also avoided Target!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I canned 6 pints of tomatoes last night, and have another dozen or so to do today! Ran a few errands today, but only got the necessary things and avoided an extra 10 mi. trip to the library. Dh will have to go into town tonight for a meeting anyway, so he can return my video. Breakfast was hm banana bread, lunch leftovers, and dinner will be waffles. Have kept the TV off for much of the day as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really enjoy this thread too.

We had left overs for lunch from dinner.
    No a/c so far today...hoping not at all.
    Got my haircut but my dmom will color it tomorrow for me.
    No more money spent here today.

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like this thread too Danielle. It gives me ideas and ways to save.

I packed the boys' lunch and DH's lunch.
    I ran all my errands while in town, so I don't need to waste gas to go back for anything.

Tonight Chris has a football game, but I get in free since I work for the school district. That is money saved.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made dinner for myself, so I won't stop on the way to work.

Saved $10.00 on Ashlee's haircut by not getting her washed first. (It still cost $15.00 for a trim )

Did a mystery shop today for free lunch plus a fee.

Turned off lights that others left on

I'm glad you are enjoying this. Believe me, it's helping me stay focused when I have to report to you ladies, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used no a/c today (maybe because I went into school!) and I am going to make dinner from stuff we have in the stockpile and at home. Also, I'm feeling VERY proud of myself that I got a $20 bill on Sunday and it is still in my purse today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Resisted a fundraiser candy bar at the office-total savings $1.00

Woo Hoo!!!

Congrats on another great day of frugality! This is a fun challenge!

Amy! Congratulations on still having that $20.00. I need to work on that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used my "greenpoints" on my Lowes Food card and got a free gallon of Milk ($2.59) and 3 boxes of cereal for $.99 each as opposed to the regular price of $3.15 a box.

So what should have cost me a little over $12.00 only cost me a little over $3.00

Kat

I agree with the others, this is a great idea Danielle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cooked a pot roast in the pressure cooker today that I had stashed in the deep freeze stockpile. It wasa from the markdown meat I bought in July. A 4 pound pot roast was marked down to..........ONE DOLLAR!!! I added some potatoes and carrots from the fridge and had a great meal!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I wrote my own grandparents day cards instead of buying them (the pretty cards with blank inside were given to me so free except for postage!) I saved at minimum 11$ right there.

I didn't go to the grocery store even though I wanted to...Am hoping to save it for one big trip this weekend...so I didn't use any gas today and have money left in my wallet ..

The other day I took in the cans and got 13$ and also bought banana's on sale for 44 cents a pound since I had to cash it there anyways.

I baked today, and dh ate my cornbread for dinner. Lots of cookies and mini muffins left for tomorrow. All in all probably only spent about a buck on all the supplies for those.

Ayla played outside in the hose water...water is free for us! She's been playing with chalk all week that I bought on easter clearance for 10 cents.

oh! And the big thing for me was I rescued a shirt I thought I hated and was going to donate! I just really hated these orange strings on it, then I realized I could EASILY remove them....taking it off made it too low cut, but with my white thin camisole under it, it looks FABULOUS! yeee haww!

I've been keeping better tabs on where ayla's milk sippy cup goes, so I'm not wasting milk by letting it get spoiled.

ok but on the down side, for some reason my meat keeps smelling bad after I dethaw it So I've lost maybe 5$ worth of meat this week
    I think from now on I'm only going to buy meat fresh(on sale!) and eat it right away when I buy it, and stop with the stocking up and freezing it. We just don't eat meat that often to justify it taking up so much space in the freezer too I suppose.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today (in less than an hour actually) I have to do a "new hire" training class at work for some new servers/hostess that we hired so I will get a Free meal for lunch, tonight I have to work (as does DH) and he can eat at work for free and I get a 40% discount. So aside from having to waste gas to drive back and forth to town twice, I will be saving money in the food category.

Have a great day everyone!!

Kat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today has not been very frugal for me. I had to take the van in to get a wheel speed sensor replaced - $474 later I no longer have an idiot light glaring at me everytime I drive the van!

Since grandma was watching Isaac, I went to a few garage sales in a town I rarely visit... nothing exciting there. Then, I found their Salvation Army, and OMG, I am definitely going back. I got a like-new snowsuit for Isaac for this winter for $2.50 ! I was so pumped!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As I was rushing out the door this morning I found a Wal-mart bag in the laundry room that had replacment high/low beam light bulbs for my old honda that we got rid of in March

I took them back no questions asked and made a quick $16.00

Since I was gone this morning and dh was at work I turned off the A/C. It was cloudy and breezy so I opened the windows instead.

I hope I remember to shut the windows and turn it back on before I leave for work or he will be so mad. (He turns the air up when he goes to bed and once it cuts off I go turn it back down)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had to get groceries today but absolutely everything I purchased was on sale!! Not a regular item in my grocery bag.

I had to turn the a/c because its almost 95 here today. UGH!!! But I didn't turn it on until about 1/2 hour ago and it will go off as soon as it drops below 90.

Turned off all lights not in use and turned off radio when no one was listening to it.

I found a couple of Christmas stamps I hadn't used so it only cost me 4 to mail 2 letters, rather than the regular rate. Didn't even remember having the stamps.

Used less laundry soap than I normally do for the laundry today and the laundry is still clean. I'm beginning to think that laundry soap really isn't needed or very little of it!!

Everyone is doing great, keep it up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stayed home today, all day. I spent no money.

For lunch, Daniel and I had some Cambell's tomatoe soup (.25 cents) and he had a left over hamburger from last night and I had a small ham sandwich...btw, I love having Daniel home, alone with me, for lunch.

For supper I took out some ground meat from the freezer.
    I am emptying my freezer a little everyday...

This thread is fun!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast