Frugal Village Forums banner

Valentine's and Easter Wreaths....

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Trishagirl 
#1 ·
Saw the other Easter wreath (which I love) and thought I'd share some easy ones that I made for those that like crafts and might like making these. I've made these in the last couple of years at different times. Have the stuff to do a red/white/blue for July 4th.

***btw I found the patterns for these all online so its not my original ideas. I loved them because of their simplicity though and thought I'd share.

Here is the Valentine wreath. It is simply a heart shaped styrofoam wreath, 3/4 colors of ribbon, and straight pins. Easy peasy! Cut the ribbon into 3" strips, loop them and put a straight pin into the ribbon and then stick it straight into the styrofoam. Be sure and do the front, inside and outside of the wreath. Nothing on the back so it can be hung up easily. Move the different colors of ribbons around to make it interesting.

Here is one made for Easter. I did the same as the Valentine wreath except I pinned some of those little styrofoam Easter eggs that you can find at Dollar Tree onto it.

Here is another one that I made for spring. It is simply the fuzzy crocheting thread wrapped round and round a styrofoam form and some flowers added.

Now this one is my own idea but I came up with it after doing the above spring wreath. Its simply twin wrapped round and round. Then cutting off pieces to come out so far from the wreath and tying knots on the ends. Finally adding some old buttons I had laying around. This wreath could be used for any time.

See less See more
#4 ·
gReat wreaths - mahalo for the pictures and instructions - can see the twine original wreath in a cabin setting!!

About how large are the wreaths?

#5 ·
Thanks everyone. These wreaths are just the wreath forms that come from Dollar Tree. I've got one more downstairs and I'll try and get the measurement for you. I think its about 12" across but I'll let you know for sure.

#6 ·
I like the first two wreaths the best,they are solo cute.
Thanks for sharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.