Frugal Village Forums banner

Coffee hair dye, mayo conditioner, other hair recipes

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  KKCondrey 
#1 ·
I have this hair color that's not quite blonde and not quite brown and I always toy with dying it darker because I love brunette hair. I did it once and loved it but now am not wanting to even spend the money on hair color, so I thought "what around the house could naturally darken my hair? Coffee!"

I haven't done it yet, but in my search for tips on rinsing my hair with coffee, I found the following site with lots of recipes for hair care products (like oranges boiled in water for hair spray):

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/brundye.html

(scroll down a bit to see the links to other product recipes)

#2 ·
This is an interesting site, thank you for sharing it. If you use the coffee to dye your hair let us know how that turns out. I dye my hair golden blonde every 6 weeks and I use a hair dye that's only $7 after coupon.

#3 ·
#6 ·
Meant to say, reading about dyeing your hair with products around your house, nade me remember when my cousin used Kool-Aid to color hers, lets just say I don't think it turn out exactly how she thought it would....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.