grocery shopping/meal planning ?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default grocery shopping/meal planning ?

I am just beginning on making menus and grocery shopping by the menu. I was wondering...when making your menu do u include all meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack? I will have both my kiddos homewith me for the yr as I am homeschooling them. SO I would want to include it all in the menu right?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't because it is easier for me not to, but I have a list of things I eat and pick from there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do all meals and Fiance's lunch pail. ( usually leftovers but not always ) and snacks
    Its easiest for me.
    To be One With The Universe In Spirit, Mind and Body

BEF $150/ $1000

"Every achiever that I have ever met says, 'My life turned around when I began to believe in me.'"
    ~ Dr. Robert H. Schuller, Minister and Author~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually do the main meal for our family which is supper but I keep extra's for say an unexpected meal I have to cook. For breakfast I just keep cereal, oatmeal, eggs, and sausage since a lot of times we all want something different. Lunch is usually leftovers from the night before or just something quick like spaghetti.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have done this for years. I realize it does not work for everybody. I do a two week menu, inc snacks and leftovers in the menues.
    We have a 12 mile drive to the military commissary (grocery store on base), so bundle it into a trip for pharmacy refills, etc. while there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually only add dinner in our menu because I always keep cereal, eggs, pancake mix, and oatmeal on hand for breakfast. So breakfast is easy. For lunch, we eat leftovers from dinner and I also make sure we have lunch meat, peanut butter/jelly, canned soups, and fruits/vegetables on hand for lunches. These are given things I will add to my list if we are out. So, I usually plan my menu around dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23boys View Post
    I usually only add dinner in our menu because I always keep cereal, eggs, pancake mix, and oatmeal on hand for breakfast. So breakfast is easy. For lunch, we eat leftovers from dinner and I also make sure we have lunch meat, peanut butter/jelly, canned soups, and fruits/vegetables on hand for lunches. These are given things I will add to my list if we are out. So, I usually plan my menu around dinner.
    That's pretty much how I do my menu. I like to go through my cupboards when I'm planning my menu to see what I have so I can make my dinners from that, too. Sometimes I'll plan to make something and never get around to it and I'll have random things hanging around in my pantry.
    Miranda
    Spending less is easier than saving more.
    Goals
    ~Spend less $$
    ~Menu Plan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I plan all meals, snacks, etc. Otherwise my budget gets blown. Plus I can make sure we get all the nutrients this way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I plan just dinners, but I also make enough for leftovers and those are lunch the next day. If there are no leftovers, then I have a bunch of stuff on hand that they can eat, eggs, pizza stuff on bagels or English muffins, cans of soup, etc.
    Beak-1996, Toad-1998, and Q-1998
    House payments left: 1 2 3

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23boys View Post
    This is how I do it as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really only menu plan for dinners, taking into account leftovers, but then I always keep on hand eggs and potatoes for breakfast, oatmeal, and fresh fruit. Lunches are leftovers, sandwiches, pizza, soup, etc. Sometimes we do breakfast for lunch too, pancakes or eggs and hash browns, etc. I do always make a list, but don't really need a menu for anything but the dinners.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I plan my menus and the days dh is off for things he likes to eat for breakfast, snack etc. But I go by what I already have in my cupboards and freezer and then what I need is what I buy or if a meat sale is coming I plan for that. Usually look at the ads to see what fruits, veggies are on sale for the week and plan that into our meals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I start with breakfast. Go through the essential things to have on hand. Here would be cereal, oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage, pop tarts for the sat morning treat, biscuits, eggs, hashbrowns, gravy, and bread. Do not go through these very fast it seems. Then I make list of snacks ( I do daycare so use alot in a month) then drinks.

I write down lunches for month and try to buy enough to make it through. Fish sticks, bread, peanut butter, jelly, ham, cheese, chicken nuggets, noodles, sauce, and lots of fruits and veggies. etc

Dinner will be easier for me anyway. That is only meal I just feed me and my 2 kids. I can make a batch of anything and it could last at least 2 dinners. I like it that way. We have list of about 10 dinners we eat a month. Easy, each of em twice, then with their dad other nights.