Frugal Village Forums banner

Canned labels peeled from canned goods

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ladytoysdream 
#1 ·
This is almost funny...but not. A few weeks ago me and dh went to Aldis...and we usually put the canned goods in the boxes the canned goods come in to take home. Well...my two year old has a thing for paper and we had the canned goods in the back seat with him. He peeled like several of the labels off and we didn't even know while driving home. We started cracking up when we got home. Like how would we know what is in each can...

I bought olives, beans and dh likes those gross pasta stuff in a can.
I figured we would shake them for the sound. Yesterday we opened black beans, thinking it was olives with the sound of liquid. Wasn't ready for them yet and I put them in the freezer. Dh opened a can of refried beans that I have been having for lunch but didn't sound good at the time.

Is this going to be a funny guessing game and shaking of cans lol. I think we got some tomato cans in there too! I would say it's about 8 cans or so.

Don't want to waste any.

#2 ·
hahaha! So that will be a lot of 'surprise dinners' for you!

#3 ·
They say using your imagination regularly is a good way to prevent dementia!! Maybe we should all go peel some labels off!!

#5 ·
OH FUNNY!
I experienced this one and it is VERY interesting as to what you will decide on for food combinations. :)

#8 ·
Can you match the numbers on the cans with the other cans that have the labels on them ? You may be able to match them up. Or...can you weigh a can with a label...and match other cans with it by how close the weight is ?

(( hugs ))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.