Need help with Meal Planning
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Need help with Meal Planning

I am trying to reduce my grocery bill and I know that the best way to do this is meal planning. I have been spending on average $85 per week for family of 3 (sometimes 4). I would like to reduce my grocery bill down to $50-60 per week. This needs to include HBA and cleaning products as well. So here is where I'm running into problems.

I feel like I'm always making the same things and need some variety. It's almost like I have writer's block when it comes to creating a menu. Any help would be appreciated.

A few things to know: I have 1 vegetarian, 1 meat lover and 1 that does not like cooked vegetables. I work full time so meals need to be quick and easy too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hear ya! I am having the same problems! BTW, $75-80 is great for 3-4 people IMO! I feed just me and DH and we spend $50!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

U should look into crockpot meals. I make a taco soup with veggie crumbles so it makes the meat eaters happy while still being vegetarian as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by BeachFun View Post
    I am trying to reduce my grocery bill and I know that the best way to do this is meal planning. I have been spending on average $85 per week for family of 3 (sometimes 4). I would like to reduce my grocery bill down to $50-60 per week. This needs to include HBA and cleaning products as well. So here is where I'm running into problems.

I feel like I'm always making the same things and need some variety. It's almost like I have writer's block when it comes to creating a menu. Any help would be appreciated.

A few things to know: I have 1 vegetarian, 1 meat lover and 1 that does not like cooked vegetables. I work full time so meals need to be quick and easy too.
    Get the cleaning products/HBA out of the food budget and try to make it a separate expense. If it means running to the dollar store for those, so be it. It's cheaper that way.

Try to focus on just the food. I give you a hands up for what you are spending now. I'm the vegetarian in the house, so I know what you mean. Our lifestyle's makes it hard to menu plan, but it may be cheaper to buy what's on sale and go from what you have. Blended family here. oh, the writers block. That's been me a thousand times over.

It doesn't need to be fancy, really. Just look for new recipes and try them with your family and slash them if they don't like them, and keep them if they do. Sooner or later you will have a menu, besides chili in the winter and taco salads in the summer. Also weekly shopping only makes sense for my family because of our diets.