Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone from Iowa?

Tags
iowa
2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Wendy Mack 
#1 ·
Well I am from Iowa .. anyone else from here????

#2 ·
Not me, but I was just traveling through there. We had to go to SD for a wedding and came home on Rt. 80. We made a pit stop in Des Moines and checked out the Blank Point Zoo. It was cute. Nice country out there. Very pretty. Hot though (for my NY skin).

#3 ·
i grew up in iowa

i grew up in iowa. nevada, iowa. now i live in nebraska. i still have family in iowa :)

#5 ·
I grew up in south central Iowa and graduated from high school there. Then I crossed the state line to go to school at Kirksville, MO (Northeast Missouri State, now Truman University), and I've been in Missouri ever since!

But if we can sell our home, then we are moving back to Iowa to be closer to family.

#10 ·
Sorry, I called it Blank Point. LOL
It was a really nice zoo. My kids liked the African area where the giraffes were. They also LOVED the train and I thought the indoor kids area was cool.

#9 ·
We currently live about 30 miles east of Des Moines, but I lived in the Iowa City area for 7 years.
We are currently in the process of moving to Oregon for my Dh's job. I am sad to leave Iowa, but since nearly all of our relatives live between Portland and Seattle, I am excited to be closer to home.

#11 ·
Yup I'm here!! In the NW area about 50 miles NE of Sioux City. been here about 15 years came from S. Ca. from the hustler and bustler to I am lucky if I see 1 car on the road when I make the 8 mile drive into town. Love living here, friends are a little scarce for me, but keep busy with my kids.

#15 ·
Wow alot of people from or had been from Iowa. I am from Southeastern Iowa. I live near Burlington, Iowa which is right near Ill. and not too far from Missouri. I have lived here my whole life.. well in different small towns but all in Southeastern Iowa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.