Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone from Minnesota?

Tags
minnesota
15K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  Debbie-cat 
#1 ·
I live in Cottage Grove MN.

#30 ·
Hi Cheryl. I'm actually new to the area, so I am not familiar with the name. I have been here almost a year. :)

#37 ·
I was just in St. Paul on Friday HelloKitty! I had to be there for a three day convention for work. :)

#41 ·
I know Tracy. We used to drive over there for basketball games when we were in high school.

I also was there the night the tornado did so much damage, back in the sixties. My dad worked for a small business in Marshall that had a generator, and when the call went out for people to donate the use of their generators because the Tracy hospital had no power, Dad volunteered to take it over there and we went along. This was immediately after the storm and it was horrible.

Things are all so different now.

#45 ·
*Gasp* I was born and raised in North Carolina too!! Small world indeed!

Spirit Deer, I thank your dad for his bravery. I wouldn't dare drive out during or shortly after a storm. Especially in the countryside. I've always taken the back roads to Marshall while living in Tracy. My car died out there once and it took hours for a car to drive by. I think the peacefulness and beautiful scenery makes up for it though. I live in Saint Paul right now and I dislike hear the police sirens go off every half hour.

Anyway, glad to see my "neighbors" on here too! :teddy2:

#46 ·
Welcome, KathrynJo!

HelloKitty, driving in the country has never bothered us. Except for four years in south Minneapolis, we've always lived in rural areas so we're used to it. Driving in the Cities didn't bother us when we lived there, but we avoid it now whenever possible.

Our kids were from Winston-Salem.

I think when something like a tornado happens, the first thing people want to do is help. It's frustrating to sit around with no way to help. My dad was happy to drive over and deliver the generator.

#47 ·
Welcome KathrynJo! :wave2:

I DID hit some of that construction HelloKitty but it wasn't TOO bad. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.