Frugal Village Forums banner

Nebraska Here

Tags
nebraska
10K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  frugalwarrior2 
#1 ·
I dont see another Nebraskan thread, so i thought i'd start my own. :D

#29 ·
I'm surprised to see so many from Nebraska & even 2 from North Platte. Any Nebraskans still active on the FV Board? Would love to chat with ya!

Eskielover

#30 ·
Well....I consider Nebraska my "home"- it's where I spent the longest time in my military childhood. Lived in Bellevue and hope to get stationed at Offutt next. We went back to visit my family 4 years ago and I couldn't believe how much Bellevue was built up- it was so swanky :) I can't wait to see how it looks now. I still dream of sweet corn stands yum!

eskielover- I have an Eskie! He was from a breeder in Iowa and he goes where we go. He's been to 7 countries so far!

#31 ·
Wanderlusting, so glad to hear from you. I haven't been on the board for quite a while--sorry it took me so long to answer!

Our Sheba (eskie) came from Tulsa--talked my ex into buying him while we were on vacation :D as I had a couple of eskies when young. We later bought a male (Solomon) and he came from Iowa too--don't remember where though. The picture is of two of their puppies from a lifetime ago. I lost Sheba in 2001 & Solomon before that. I was going to get a new puppy, but decided it wasn't fair for a pup to be by themselves so much while I work, so got a kitten instead. Lately I've been searching online for a puppy....even tho the timing isn't right, yet. When I get out of debt, I want to fence in my yard--then maybe I'll get serious about getting a pup or adult eskie.

I was probably only 3 or 4 when my parents brought home the tiny little puppy and have been a lover of the breed since then. It's cool that you get to take your eskie with you. How old is he?

Eskielover

#32 ·
Eskielover- he's almost 10 but still acts like a puppy :) I'm sorry about the loss of your sweet dogs- I'm not looking forward to that.

I guess the Eskimo breed originated in Germany- so I joke around that we brought Bear back to his "mother country" :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.