Boots, Uniforms, Class A's, Chem Suit, Cold Weather Gear, Wet Weather Gear, AHHHH!!!!
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Boots, Uniforms, Class A's, Chem Suit, Cold Weather Gear, Wet Weather Gear, AHHHH!!!!

With all of hubby's military and police gear, I am feeling as if we are being pushed out of our house! Hubby is NG and while they provided a storage locker in his armory, he doesn't feel comfortable leaving the items that he has signed for in his locker since it's a shared armory.

In the meantime, I have a pile in the basement. I have uniforms in three closets. I have Army Issued blankets in my trunk. I have boots out the wazoo!

How do you guys handle the military issue equipment so it doesn't turn your house into a 'war zone'?
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used to rent my own storage locker and store all of my articles in it that I wasn't using on a daily basis. This included items like my pack, my Kevlar helmet, flak jacket, etc.

I know a lot of guys who kept all of their stuff in their trunk or just devoted an entire closet for it. The ones who lived in the barracks kept their stuff either at a buddy's house off base or in a storage locker of their own. I had two closets in my bedroom, plus another closet in the living room and a closet in my son's bedroom when I lived offbase and I kept a lot of stuff in those as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My son was fortunate enough to have a 'spare' bedroom he used for storage.
    If You Find Yourself Dancing In The Rain
    You Have Been Blessed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dd and her dh are both military. Their house has a large storage area in the basement that the former owners (LDS) used for food storage. They use it for military storage!
    Stinkbug

More wagging - Less barking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am with you there. My closet is full of my dh dress unis and abu's. I complain because we have a small house and I have very little space in the closet. We have stuff in storage under the bed also that is unis. My dd she raised her bed so she could put storage under it (fullsize). I am unable to do that because my bed is king size and I was told not to do that because it would damage the frames. I am thinking of utilizing the attic. We only use some of the stuff on occasion and I could hang some of the stuff in garmet bag there as we do not have a basement. My closet is sooo full you have to fight to get to my stuff. The bottom of the closet is full of shoes, boots and bags (his) not mine.