Frugal Village Forums banner

Operation ShoeBox

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Michelle 
#1 ·
http://www.operationshoebox.com/

Welcome to Operation ShoeBox.
The purpose of our operation is to encourage citizens to support their fighting men and women deployed overseas in these dangerous times.

Take time today to send a package. If you don't have a family member deployed overseas, check with your friends, colleagues, or church members to get the address of someone who is serving. Check our web site for information on what to send.

If you don't have anyone to send to, then gather up some items and send them to Operation ShoeBox. We will package the items and mail them to service members who are deployed in Kuwait, Afganistan and other areas where there are not a lot of services available to the troops. We also need help with postage.

Please help us spread the word.

#2 ·
This is a wonderful idea. :D

It breaks my heart to think that there may be someone over there serving our country with no family or loved ones back home to send them stuff. How lonely must that be!!

#3 ·
Daphne I know what you mean. I have 6 Navy Pen Pals and these kids reached out to me as they either aren't close to their families or they don't get much support from them. It is heartbreaking.

#6 ·
:bump:

I'm putting together a care package for dh's cousin's dh who is over in Kuwait. He left in Feb 2003, was supposed to come home last month but now won't be returning until at least April 2004 :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.