Frugal Village Forums banner

Miserly Monday 3/8

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  MomToTwoBoys 
#1 ·
Good morning ladies. Well I'm getting ready to leave for 8 hours at work. I just finished my breakfast and I have to take my vitamin. DH is working nights this week so I will have to come home every night and fix him something good to eat. DRATS.Tonight we will get to eat leftover spaghetti at least. I have clothes to fold, and I'll have more dishes to do after dinner, and I need to sweep frontroom.
Enjoy your day, it's going to be another nice warm sunny day here.:tay:

Cat

Reactions: tigo
#2 ·
Happy Monday!! Today is my free day, so I plan on making the most of it! Actually, just grocery shopping, but I'm going to take my time and go to different stores for the best deals. Can't wait! :)

When I get home, it's back to the laundry mountains and messy bedrooms. Then I need to steam mop my floors before the kids get home. These houses are a never-ending job!!

Have a great day, all!
-Vanessa

#3 ·
I have to clean the Foyer, floors, 1st floor bathroom, kitchen, laundry room and wash the linens. I need to take DS2 to the minute clinic - I think he has pink eye. Need to also run into town to get his food handler's permit transferred before his training class next week.
Dinner will be home made pizza.

#4 ·
It's going to be absolutely gorgeous outside today! But I'm stuck in the house, waiting for the FedEx guy to show up. If he/she gets here early enough, I may go for a nice walk and drop off some mail at 7-Eleven.

Mondays are always lazy days because I do everything on Sundays. I may make some chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies today to help break up the monotony.

#5 ·
Charging off to school this week - lots to do there - almost seems as if I am on overload in all phases of my life!!...and I still need to deal with things one at a time.

DH is down and out with the virus I just had - fever, congestions, cough - poor thing.

Need to get some groceries after work - we are out of food and need some fresh veggies and fruits definitely.

Hopefully the rain is over - we certainly need it though!!

Have a great Monday everyone!!

#6 ·
Monday, 3/8

Today:
I recorded the last 2 weeks' spending & bills before going to my 8 hrs job.
When I get home from work, I'll check/water on the veg planters, new sprouts starting to come up, very exciting.
Dinner: I forgot to plan, I know I have some ground pork in the freezer, quick & easy to defrost. Some kind of veg, I've quite a few choices in the fridge. Definitely will be something quick & easy.
After dinner, I'll do some online bill payments.
I am trying to change one of my bad habits: I need to get out of bed 1 hr earlier, so that I have enough time to do exercises.

#7 ·
It is a gorgeous day today. Feels like spring. Already went grocery shopping. Have an appointment today. Will go for a nice long walk after that.

When I get home will open up the windows and start airing this place out. The cat always seems to enjoy this. May even transplant the pansies that somehow made it through the winter. I actually have a flower in bloom.

Also need to make a big pot of ginger tea. Was sitting next to someone on the bus who was obviously sick. Now feel like I am coming down with something. Fresh ginger tea always seems to help.

#8 ·
Beautiful sunny day!

We are cleaned up and packed up, and driving the long drive back to Ohio today. :glass: DH is still sleeping, he's a night owl.

We will probably get there late tonight, order pizza:pizza:, and go to bed :rest:.

But FIRST, I am going to take a long soak in a hot bubble bath. We don't have a bath here at the cabin. Just shower. I miss my big bathtub. :bath:

#9 ·
Happy Monday it's a gloomy one here today. I'm off work today so washed down the bathroom walls for spring cleaning. Washing towels and lights and rugs also today. I had my green & white tea this morning with my whole wheat english muffin and strawberry cream cheese yum! Went to the store for a few things like bread and lunchmeat. Making chili for dinner good day for it.

#10 ·
A beautiful day here! I was able to sleep later because we are on spring break. YEA!! I haven't done much today yet except feed the rabbits, shower and get ready to go to town. I have an appointment to the spa that my DH gave me and I am using it today for a massage. YEA ME! I have two other gift cards to use for other places in town and I may just use today as a 'ME' day.

#11 ·
Already experienced taking my dad to the bank this am...he's still not back to his old self and isn't willing to come to terms with it and is over compensating thus rushing his walking - which makes me very nervous. Almost as if he's trying to convince himself that he's fine?

We had lunch and dinner will be easy tonight - cold salad.

Still need to tackle the bathroom, update my spend tracking, filling out a form for mail, my diabetes homework and gathering a care package to mail to friends b/c I miss them :(

#12 ·
I was just going to say that today is a no spend day HOWEVER I spent $.75 at the vending machine! Arrrr!

Tonight should be fairly easy, cooked ahead so I just have to reheat, picked up last night so the house is in order.

Now if homework with my 5 yr old could be so easy!

#13 ·
Today's been so hectic!

- Picked up food at the store
- Had lunch
- Prepped the walls and put the primer on the entryway walls.
- Dishes
- Dinner

Ugh!

I'm in desperate need of a shower and I didn't even get done everything I wanted to get done today. I have to get DH to remove the mini-blind holders so that I can finish painting the trim on the window tomorrow. I have a huge mess in my living room, and I have no idea what to do about dinner! Ahhh! It might be leftovers for us.

I still need to do a load of laundry too. Bleh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.