Frugal Village Forums banner

Miserly monday, 3/29/10

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  cab54 
#1 ·
Good morning!

Wow, where did the weekend go? I didn't get anything off of my to-do list done. Oh well. Thank goodness for a short work week. Including today.

Today I need to get groceries, plan something for dd's snacks tomorrow for school, and then at 2:00 go and help decorate for ds's blue and gold boy scout banquet. I also need to make something for the potluck tonight.

Other than that, just the usual cleaning and trying to stay on top of the mess around here.

Have a great Monday, everyone!
-Vanessa

#2 ·
I swear, weekends are getting shorter, not longer! :p

That said, I had a few things planned out for today, depending on weather. Weather, however, said "Let it rain, let it rain.. " Hrmph!

Anyways, my day will consist of getting my class ready for tomorrow and Friday, getting ready for the class the week after, finishing off some crocheting and that's about it.

#3 ·
Washing the linens. So happy it will be warm enough (with the bonus of it being windy) to hang the sheets and towels outside. DS1 has to work and DD3 has after school stuff so I need to get my cleaning down this morning so I can run everyone around later. I need to clean the kitchen and laundry room. Dinner will be baked chicken, pasta and broccoli.

#5 ·
Monday, 3/29

I agree with the other posts, the weekend was too short.
Mondays: always a little rush on getting all paperwork in good order.
Then hopefully squeeze in an half hour meeting before leaving work.
Tonight's dinner will be pork ribs & vegetables, I'll also cook the beef pot roast tonight for tomorrow's dinner.

#6 ·
Ben a busy Monday changed sheet/washed/dryed folded put away made bed/swept/moped kitchen/deep cleaned bathroom/swept moped/done another load laundry and had company and went for a short walk.

#9 ·
Rainy and cool here in Kentucky today. Never left the property today and had a very nice "NO spend NO go" day. Got a nice warm fire going and all is well. Finished up some leftovers today too. Weee !!! Oh yeah, power usage is down 55 kwh yesterday to 36 today. Still working of getting it lower.

#11 ·
I agree, Linus. Weekends do seem to be getting shorter and the work week seems to be longer!

Start of the work week for me.

~Went to work.
~Called in a refill on my BP medicine. (DH picked it up for me on his way home.)
~Did some reading for class. Completed one homework assignment for the week. Upteen more to go. UGH!
~Made dinner.
~Did a load of laundry and hung it out to dry.

Still need to
~Clean up the kitchen from dinner.
~Wait to later and remove clothes from clothesline when dry then put away.
~Read a book for a report I have do over the death penalty (for a criminal justice class).
~Watch Baylor and Duke girls play basketball. Sic 'em Bears!

#12 ·
woohooo, some male imput. Thank you Linus:applause: Well I did post, in fact I thought I started the thread but I posted in last weeks thread.:dunce: Anywho scratch all the work I planned on getting done, I got home from work and DH's employer called before he left for work and told him he was driving again this week. I'm not complaining though, it's a lot more money for the week.

Cat

#13 ·
Hey sassyclass, I'm a guy too.. LOL A pretty cheap one at that. No, really just love to save on everything and try not to waste anything. It's kinda like a game to me now.

:uhh:

Reactions: Sassyclass
#15 ·
Cleaned the living room and polished a lot of wood this morning.

Have dinner in the oven. (roast)

Went to get my hair cut at the cheapo place close to me. $12.95 cuts + tip. Now that I have it short, it's a little tough for me to cut. Last time I did it, I wasn't extremely satisfied with my skills. LOL.

Going to take a walk this evening, and then knit. Then a bath, and bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.