Frugal Village Forums banner

Miserly Monday

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Shell 
#1 ·
Good morning! Work day again! I worked Friday, Saturday and now today! Thats alright, I need the money:toothy:

Only money spent today will be for diapers and milk.

Vacuum goldfish cracker crumbs :sigh:
wash dishes
pack lunch for myself
straighten up, make bed, etc.
drop kids off to mom
work 9-2
make dinner-ham, baked potatoes, veggie

Also, got a memo from work a few weeks ago, apparently the office got some kind of a bonus, and the docs share it with us. I had choice of several gift certificates, so I picked Chili's! DH and I LOVE Chili's, and a FREE $25.00 GC surely comes in handy! Woo Hoo! :dancing:

#2 ·
Goodmorning!
Did you have a goldfish cracker fight at your house yesterday Danielle? Enjoy that GC.:)

I've been up since 4 because of a thunderstorm passing by. It was a pretty exciting one.

Today I've got to catch up on laundry and just pick up here & there.
Dinner will be leftover meatballs & sauce. Last time they were used for subs today they will be on top of spaghetti. The leftover sub rolls will be magically transformed into garlic toast.:D

Have a Marvelous Monday all!

#3 ·
Hi all. Hubby gave me the old get off the computer and start taking care of life lecture this weekend so I don't know how much I'll be able to be on this week . . . :(

Today . . .

Several Loads of Laundry
Vacuum
Dishes
Wash sheets - daughter had accident . . .
Declutter

#5 ·
Good morning ladies .......... I have to work today too :( , I have the housework done and dinner is easy... French dip sandwiches.....

#6 ·
Good morning
Congratulations Danielle!!
Gotta clean up after the weekend
Tons of laundry :(
Going to try to get my nails done again.
Got a chicken and veggies I am going to roast for dinner
Hope this tropical storm doesnt drop too much water, we are already drenced.
Hope everyone has a nice day!!

#7 ·
Good Morning everyone......had a good weekend, but spent to much money...still trying to get a handle on it, but not doing so good:( ......hope you all have a good Monday;)

Have to clean up gnat swarm that died in bathroom

mop kitchen floor

laundry

clean out fridge

#8 ·
Good morning!

Today is a work day for me - here from 8-4. I have very little to do at work today, so I'll be surfing most of the day! Dinner is in the crockpot, so tonight will be spent relaxing. I'm hoping to be able to find a babysitter so dh and I can go for a ride on his harley.

#9 ·
Today I need to:

Vacuum house
Make beds
sweep and mop kitchen and bathroom floor
make pumpkin bread

tonight we will have spaghetti for supper (making big batch of sauce so I can have some for freezer)

I will not be spending any money today because the only place I am going is to DH relatives for family visitation (DH uncle died suddenly Saturday night :( ) tonight after DH gets home.

#11 ·
well i have to work today, of course ---but at least this will be only a 4-day work week since Friday is the 4th of July :dancing:

Cloudy here, supposed to be chance of scattered or whatever thunderstorms everyday this week, we're supposed to get some rain off of the tropical storm later in the week...

Well when I get home from work I need to:

Do Laundry
Sort coupons
Relax, or at least try to :lol:
Supper
Dishes

#12 ·
Morning!! :)

Today I need to change the sheets, reorginzize the fridge/freezer clean that out, call Carl to get quarters for laundry.....

and then little things need to be cleaned up...coupons to put away

I still need to take my shower, and get ayla dressed...repaint my tonails

I want to take her to the pool but I'm afraid my key doesn't work since i had problems with it last time :( Guess I'll have to rely on others opening it for me if it doesn't.

After carl comes home we plan on going shopping with him to do a seperate trip at ralphs since they limit to two like coupons...I gotta use up some coupons that expire today as well as get other good deals.

I am planning on making cornbread and chili beans for dinner, corn on the cob and a spinach salad.

#13 ·
Sorry to hear about DH's uncle Kathy.

Today I plan on:
*Taking Dh lunch
*Laundry
*Dishes need to be put away
*Sweeping
*Taking out trash
*Working Concession stand tonight

Hope you have a great day!

#15 ·
Hugs Kathy! Sorry for your loss.

Today I met the appraiser at the "could be" new house....I should have his finished appraisal by Saturday. Monday, if everything goes well, DH will make an offer! CROSS fingers, toes, knees, elbows, eyes and anything else you can think of!!

I really do like this house. I found out today that it was built in 1905. It is victorian and I've always wanted a victorian house. The only thing that would make this place anymore perfect is if it had a turret...sigh...can't have everything, I guess.

Anyway....
Got back from that and...
Did dishes
Folded laundry
washed and dried 2 more loads
Vaccuumed house
Washed all TV's, pc monitor, and other glass surfaces
General cleaning of kitchen
changed sheets

I'm pretty happy with my accomplishments today!

#16 ·
Hi everyone! I've been so tired lately it has been just awful. I think it is because of Madison going through a growth spurt. DH was great today . . . he cleaned the floors, went and bought dinner and made me a steak dinner. Oh I needed that sooooooooooooooooo bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.