Our New Financial Goal...It's A Doozy! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Registered User my4littlebuffaloes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to have to look into that secondspin.com you talked about, we have so many cds around here that never get listened too. Good job depositing your extra money.
    Jennifer

ds 14
    dd 12
    ds 10
    dd 8

My blog - www.gettingaheadblog.com

Savings Challenge

Furnace $0/$3000

Family Reunion Beach Vacation $100/$3000
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, so I did the second shop of October today. I spent $80.94. My total before sales and coupons was $110.60, so I saved about $30...pretty good! For that price, I got:

2 gallons 1% milk - $2.99 each
    1 big box (5 packages) of ShopRite baby wipes - $8.99
    20 Yoplait Yogurts - Regular price $0.56 each, with sale and coupons $0.28 each
    2 cans Libby's Pumpkin - $1.39 each
    1 Hershey bar with almonds - $0.69 ( I was weak, okay?)
    1 box ShopRite chicken nuggets - $2.79 (I get these for Wednesday nights when I have grad school and my mom gets the kids dinner)
    3 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup - regular price $1.59 each, after coupon $1.39 each
    2 cans ShopRite diced tomatoes - $0.89 each
    2 4-packs Hotel Bar Butter - $2.50 each
    1 McCormack Nutmeg - $4.69
    1 McCormack Cloves - $7.59
    2 pounds 93% lean ground beef - $4.83 each
    1 packages ShopRite Hot Italian Sausage - $7.59
    3 packages ShopRite Chili mix - 3 for $2.00
    1 box ShopRite Low Fat Honey Graham Crackers - $2.19
    1 4-pack Cottonelle Toilet Paper - regular $1.99, with coupon $0.99
    4 bags Nestle Fun Size candy bags - $1.49 each (all set for Halloween now...these are carefully hidden away)
    2 big bags ShopRite Frosted Flakes - $2.99 each
    2 bags green seedless grapes - $2.32 each
    1 Women First magazine - $2.49 (great article about interval walking inside)
    2 laoves Arnold Oat Bran bread - $1.99 each
    I was able to use my $10 baby bucks from last week as well as a $5.00 off your order that came out last week.

The spices did me in. I spent about $12.00 on nutmeg and cloves. The kids better LOVE this pumpkin bread! Otherwise, we'll be having those spices on everything I cook...roast beef with cloves, macaroni and cheese with nutmeg, etc.

My eBay sales are going well. So far, I have bids on everything, even though the bids aren't really high. At least I'll be getting rid of the stuff and making a small profit in the process.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If you have a big lots near you try there for spices they are $1.00 there.
    Walgreens even carries some spices and they have them on sale for .99 quite often.
    Debra
    Married to Michael
    Mom to
    Chassidy 26
    Tanner 21
    Johanna 17

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just listed some toddler boys shoes on eBay, as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spices are a killer.

I got a tiny bottle of almond extract for $5 bucks....liquid gold I guess.
    The math never lies, budget in INK!

EF $4900

Camper (Start March 2013) $4645.26/ $1580.27

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Amy, what size are the toddler boys shoes?
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are doing great Amy, if anyone is a master blackbelt, it's you!
    Loved your friends website, wow what a life she's leading and sharing with all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great day today for making and saving money!

I taught 5 piano lessons this morning. At the one house, I teach 3 of their kids and they pay me $65 in cash. (They only had $20's so they paid $60 and will give me the extra $5 next week). I gave dh $20 to pay for the kids skate rentals at skating lessons and then he keeps the rest for pocket money for the week. I took $20 and put it in my envelope where I'm saving just for me, and took the other $20 and went to our church Bazaar. (I'll write about that in a minute.)

Then, I taught two little girls who are friends with dd. They come to the house and one plays with dd while I teach the other, and then we swap. It's a nice playdate for the kids and they are very respectful about not bothering whichever twin is having their lesson. Their mom pays at the beginning of each 4 week session, so today she gave me a check for $200 which will last through the November 1st lesson. I deposited that in our challenge bank account immediately.

Then, we all went to the skating rink and dh, ds#2 and I watched dd and ds#1 have their skating lessons. Then, dh put on his skates and free skated with the older kids during the free skate time for 1.5 hours, while our little guy and I headed over to my church for the annual Bazaar.

I went up to the children's room and we got there a little after 1:00, which is when everything goes to half price. I did some Christmas/Birthday shopping. I bought:
    10 chapter books for dd
    3 pc games for ds#1
    2 books for ds#1 and ds#2
    1 Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego Junior Detective board game

How much did I spend for all that??? $5.50!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

When I got home, I found that I had won an eBay auction for a Max and Ruby tape for ds#1 for Christmas, and that comes to $5.25, with shipping included. I also found that I sold a lot of VHS tapes that I had been auctioning, and that went for $12.50, shipping included.

Right now I'm relaxing, but I think I'm going to take a look around and see if there might be anything else I can sell.

We're getting our second meal out of the beef/sausage meat sauce that I made the other night. I'll cook up some pasta, maybe make some homemade biscuits, and we'll be good to go. There will still be some leftovers, and dh will take them for lunches during the week.

Tonight, dh, dd, ds#1 and I are going to watch Mostly Ghostlies or something like that on the Disney Channel after ds#2 goes to bed. It's always fun to have dh make us some popcorn on the stove and snuggle on the couch for a movie together.

It's been a good day.

Registered User my4littlebuffaloes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a really great day!
    Jennifer

ds 14
    dd 12
    ds 10
    dd 8

My blog - www.gettingaheadblog.com

Savings Challenge

Furnace $0/$3000

Family Reunion Beach Vacation $100/$3000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on those great deals... I love Church bazaars... their white elephant tables are always full of good deals.

And DH and I are going to snuggle up tonight and watch two free DVDs from the library tonight too. Darjeeling and Juno...gotta love free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh did the food shopping on Sunday. He veered from the list a few times, but kept it relatively low. He wound up spending $72.18. Total before sales and coupons was $80.43 and he did see a 16 pack of AAA batteries on big sale for $0.99 and had the foresight to pick it up for the holidays, so, I'm not complaining. This does bring our October total to $237.13. Not a lot of wiggle room for the rest of the month, and I know I need to buy diapers this weekend. Grrr...

On a positive note, I did pick up another piano lesson that will start in a few weeks. I also sold a die cut machine and made $5.00 on that and sold some old VHS Gunsmoke tapes and made $7.70 on those. All of that money goes directly into paypal which is connected with the account.

OH! And, my parents sent us a belated anniversary card with a $200 check inside. Right into the account.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good news all around!
    The math never lies, budget in INK!

EF $4900

Camper (Start March 2013) $4645.26/ $1580.27

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good news...Dd's Brownie leader e-mailed to say that they had a lot of money leftover from last year and so they didn't need our dues. So, those of us who had paid, they were ripping up our checks. $25 back in checking!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amy you did better than me I went shopping last night and saved about $10 in coupons and spent about $100 didn't get any meat yet we get it in town it's organic. I'm sure your pumpkin bread will turn out fine. You can make pumpkin muffins too!
    Loving Wife to Ken 30 yrs & 3 sons
    My furbaby: /Sparky paw:Jack Russel,Beagle,Dashaund mix
    Change jar ?

Seek ye first the kingdom of God & he will give you your hearts desires. (Matt 6:33)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I taught 5 piano lessons this morning. The one family paid me at the beginning of the month for the whole month, so although I have no money in hand to show for that hour of lessons, it's already in the bank. The other family underpaid by $5 last week, so they were to pay me $70 this week, but only had $20's, so they gave me $80, which means that next week it will only be $55. Bookkeeping

I gave dh one of the $20's for his wallet...he'll have to use $6 to rent the kids skates for lessons today. He's also going to be writing a check to pay for registering them for the next session of skating lessons. The kids are really enjoying it and it's a nice, active activity that they can do throughout the winter. It will put a dent in that account, but in my opinion, it's a worthwhile dent that right now, isn't going to kill us. $40, I put aside for his birthday (he doesn't know). He is always saving up for something, so the easiest thing to give him is cash. I plan on giving him $100 to do with as he pleases. I'll be depositing a $65 insruance reimbursement check this afternoon. I also need to go to Walmart and pick up a Halloween costume for ds#1 and a black shirt for myself for a concert I am in tonight. We are usually robed, but tonight, we aren't, so I need something solid black. My wardrobe is a bit too cheery for that. I'm sure I can find a cheap, long sleeved t-shirt or something that won't look bad from a distance. I kept the other $20 from this morning out for the Walmart trip.

He's also doing the grocery shopping as I write. I'm hopeful that he stuck to the list. Still, we needed things like paper towels and diapers, so it's going to be a little high. I'll post that when he gets back with the receipt.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast