MrsMcDowell's Money Management Thread - Page 26
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 12/22/2008

I don't want to be at work right now. It's flipping freezing out. But I am grateful that I have a job that I can tolerate.

We did Christmas was Zac's mom and stepdad yesterday. It was a lot of fun but I ate way too much! Wesley was so stinkin' spoiled. He got all sorts of things: two add-ons for his geotrax train set (including a guy named Wes!), a big wheel, the transform and go little einsteins Rocket, Peter Pan and Ratouille DVD, a night light, a huge toybox, and all sorts of other stuff. Everything he opened he would say, "Oh thank you! This is just what I wanted for Christmas!"

I got all sorts of goodies too: new jammies, a scrapbook, my favorite hairspray that is so spendy I refuse to buy it, a beautiful necklace from Lia Sophia that I had eyeballed but wouldn't buy for myself b/c it cost too much, a huge set of Arbonne bath and body stuff that I love, a beautiful handmade piece of art that incorporated a picture of Wesley (almost made me cry), and a 50$ Visa giftcard.

Zac got new gloves, socks, a really nice shaving cream set, cologne, Fallout 3 for the X-Box 360, and a 50$ Visa giftcard.

Nothing much to report on the finances side. I did call Wells Fargo to see about getting a deferment on the student loans but we don't qualify. My first payment isn't due until March. The rep I spoke to advised me to call back and see about a forbearance or a consolidation at that time.

I purchased bottles of water and gatoraide at the gas station for Zac to take with him on patrol and his spending has decreased dramatically. He's loving being on patrol which is good.

Wesley's Christmas party at daycare is tomorrow. All the kids are taking a dozen unfrosted sugar cookies and sprinkles. They're all going to decorate cookies, then exchange gifts. They draw names and the gift we got for the little girl at daycare we received free! Very frugal. We will also be sending our gift to our daycare provider as well as her cash bonus.

I need to go grocery shopping tonight. I have a huge amount of stuff to get and I am curious as to what my bill will end up being. It will most likely be outrageous.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 12/27/2008

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We most certainly did. Wesley was so sweet and he made me so so proud of him. After he unwrapped all of his presents, I expected him to ask to play with them all right away. Instead he turned to me and said, "I need to tell Santa Claus thank you."

Not much to report, I am forming a plan for 2009, so I will post more as it develops.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mason got the Transform and Go Rocket too! After he opened it he didn't want to open anymore presents. We had no idea he would love it that much.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526