Frugal Village Forums banner

May No Spend Challenge

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeanna 
#1 ·
I am doing a no spend challenge. I am trying see how many days I can go and not spend money on anything but necessities. Anyone else with me?

#3 ·
Considering I have spent all of my pay and not getting any for two more weeks (bills all paid too, and savings, just nothing left!) I am in whether I like it or not!!

I always think in a no spend though, bills are a necessity, and then anything that you need such as medicines, etc. Things that are not necessities are clothes, makeup, hair cuts, entertainment etc. Depending on your stock cupboard food may or may not be a necessity. I have a pretty good stock cupboard so count it as no necessary. :wand:

#4 ·
No SPENDING! I'll give it a try.

I will define my necessities here-
This month, it's okay to spend on:
* pantry items - staples only (no convenience foods)
* perishable food (milk, eggs, fruit, veg)
* cat food (they REFUSE to diet!)
* yardsale finds- if I come across something for daughter's apartment
* vegetable garden plants (I didn't seed ahead of time)
* tea/coffee at the mom+pop shop (I don't have a problem supporting local businesses

This month.... I will not spend on:
* clothes (haven't done that in over a year- since I started a new job)
* dinner on the way home from work
* latte
* fabric (I must use that stash!)
* anything else not included in the spend list

Anything beyond this (for the month of May... is a no- no)

#5 ·
Well I consider necessities as any basic food, gas to get to work, and medicines and the like.

Anyway there is already a no spend challenge thread and I think we should post there instead of here. Good luck to everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.