Frugal Village Forums banner

7/12 No Spend Challenge

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Amanda2008 
#1 ·
Since Weekends are my least frugal time of week, I challenged myself to a no spend day today. (And tomorrow too)

So far we ate breakfast at home, then we went over to in-laws house and put some laundry in. Next we went to a park and fed the ducks and geese with some bread heels I had saved in the freezer. We came home so DS could nap, and I made fruit salad for the potluck that we will be going to. Since I already had a ton of fruit, I didn't have to buy anything.

So who else is in for the day?

#3 ·
Today was grocery day. :( we did spend almost $150. Tomorrow I do plan on a no-spend day - other than church donation. Does that count??

#5 ·
Well, compared to what I've done in the past, Saturday was phenominal! Girlfriend and I went shopping and all I bought was a mini pie and a drink. I'm not saying I wasn't tempted on a couple items of clothes for vacation in August, but I didn't cave. I'm so proud of myself!

#6 ·
Saturday I had the family over for a goodbye party for my cousin- the only thing I had to buy were drinks. Woo hoo! We played the Wii so no additional spending there

When they left I started in on the hard task of cleaning out my garage. I have literally bags and bags of clothes that I didn't realize were still in those bags. No wonder I have been doing so much extra laundry. I rewashed all of those due to them being in bags in the garage since we moved in in March. Got 5 loads done and only ran the dryer 2 times. Set up a card table by the laundry area so I can fold out there when the come out instead of piling in a basket and - putting them away like a week later.

MIL came over and took me shopping- only bought one thing I didn't 'need' and it was for a gift. She told me she is going to take me to get a pedicure and out to eat on august 9th. YAY!

Planned on cooking dinner but DH went out to eat with buddy (buddy paid) and so I had left overs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.