Delaring war on my credit card challenge!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Delaring war on my credit card challenge!

Hi Everyone,
    I have had it with my credit card. I am officially declaring war on it and I am going to start selling stuff around the house that I don't need and putting the money directly on the card.
    I thought I would hold myself accountable by putting it here in black and white. I had been fiddleing around with this card for years.
    It just keeps going up and up. I pay $100 a month and am charged $70 in interest a month. What is wrong with this picture.
    I am mad as H*ll and I'm not going to take it anymore.
    Anyone want to join me in declaring war.
    Do you think I should transfer my card to a 0 interest card?

Thanks for your support,
    Sue

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for you!! I feel the same way, and I'm chunking every extra dollar toward getting my cards paid off. I am one to two payments from paying one of them off, so I cut it up AND ran it through the shredder, just to keep myself from being tempted. As soon as I make the last payment, I'll be calling to close the account.

A few years ago, I started telling people just to give me cash for birthdays and holidays. (They are family and never put much thought into the actual presents, anyway.) I always apply that money to either cc bills or my mortgage.

If you can find a low or zero interest cc, I would transfer the balances and then IMMEDIATELY call and cancel your accounts with the former card accounts. Otherwise, you just end up with three cards.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck!! I still have two other bills i have to payoff before i can focus on my credit card. The credit card companys have turned into sneaky little devils!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by glamourpuss View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I have had it with my credit card. I am officially declaring war on it and I am going to start selling stuff around the house that I don't need and putting the money directly on the card.
    I thought I would hold myself accountable by putting it here in black and white. I had been fiddleing around with this card for years.
    Good for you!
    It just keeps going up and up. I pay $100 a month and am charged $70 in interest a month.
    Not a darn thing, as far as the credit card companies are concerned.
    No, I think you need to stop living beyond your means, which is what credit card usage is when you aren't able to pay it off instantly.

Unless you first get your spending habits under control and change how you manage money, getting a new credit card won't help a thing.
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you're gonna give that CC the ol' heave-ho!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glamourpuss View Post
    It depends...in full attack mode...how many months will it take you to pay it off? If it's going to continue to add high interest for 6 or more months I would transfer it (a balance transfer fee is *usually* about 3%). If you can pay it off in just a few, I'd leave it...not put another CC into the game.

Also, I'd shred the CC you have now. When it's paid off call the company and close it. Better safe, than sorry!

You can do it!!!!
    Kace - married to Dh 13 years

Love to

Full-time homemaker, full-time college student. Always pinchin' pennies!