Ending 2008 the RIGHT way - My personal challenges...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Ending 2008 the RIGHT way - My personal challenges...

I am going to start this thread for myself so I can keep track of what all I'm doing........

From my signature, you can see my outstanding debts and such - other things I have going on would be a Terminix bill that I now have to pay out monthly ($90) for a spray..... and then I also need to pay for some massage therapy continuing education (Will cost around $260 for the hours I need, probably) and re-registration fee ($106) - all of which has to be paid by my bday in late January.

I've begun watching 2 kids in my home twice a week for preschool which brings in an extra $220 a month.... I'm getting boxes from Angel Food ministries as well to supplement our food. I've found that I save money because I'm not constantly running to the grocery store.... I may be paying for the convenience, but if I'm not in the store, I'm not overbuying, ykwim? I also try to buy the great "meal deals" that my grocery store offers if it is stuff my family will actually eat (for example, they had a deal for if you bought a family sized lasagna, you got bread, ice cream, Hot Pockets, Salad Greens, and something else that I can't remember right now for free....This was a good value for us!)

Anyway, I really need to make sure I stay on target and am able to pay for things by their due dates (shouldn't be a problem, but I need to track it better!) and I also need to stop eating out so much.....

I've also started in with the Fall Fling and hopefully I'll be able to get rid of 2,000 items! This should NOT be very hard because I have half a garage full of CRAP, not to mention the stuff lying around my house! I WILL get rid of 2,000 things by Dec 21!

Also, I really need to build up an EF. We currently do not have one and we desperately need one...... so this will be a new goal for me to get that started as well. Even if it is just $25/month, it would be more than we already have!!! If I can snowball, we should be able to pay off our debts fairly quickly.... I for sure have to pay off the property taxes and the dentist very quickly, and I was thinking about starting my snowball as $100 extra to the next bill on my list.

Anyway, this is my starting point!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh - adding that I think I'll try taking some of our books, DVDs, etc that we don't need anymore up to Hasting's to get $$ for them..... I'm also thinking about calling around to some of the consignment stores to see when they take items to sell....

I should be receiving a check this month from the "Just Between Friends" consignment sale I participated in about 2 weeks ago, so that will be nice! I hope I did well..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like your going to be busy!!!! 2000 is huge goal to have flung by 12-21. I'm really struggling with the 1000 I set for us because DH has outlawed me from the garage. Maybe next year he'll let me fling there. Good luck on all your goals!!! It's good to "see" you back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're off to a good start, it sounds like. Care to outline how you came up with your current plan?
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck.

It feels good to do something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Alright! So... so far I have not gone to the store to purchase anything (YEAH!) and we're picking up our Angel Food boxes tomorrow. I almost always get 2 basic boxes and occasionally the extra boxes if something sounds appealing. The church that does the Angel Food has a pancake & sausage breakfast (free) on the Saturdays we come to pick up our food, so the family and I will be going to that. It's always nice to let someone else do the cooking!!

Closer to the 1st of the month, I'll type out the budget for November... I'm going to participate in the $25/person grocery challenge. Should be interesting! I'm fairly certain we'll be able to do it with few problems, but we'll see! I'll have to count in the $60 we paid for Angel Food into the budget for next month, I suppose to be fair on the challenge.

We pulled up some disgusting carpet in our dining room and need to do the same in our living room and hallway, but we're not sure what we're going to put down instead.

We were thinking of just painting it, but now I'm leaning more toward laminate flooring from Sam's. We need SOMETHING. The carpet we currently have is GROSS - 30 years old and not taken care of at ALL. Those 3 areas I mentioned are the places where it is just unbearable and unsanitary.... the rest of the house can wait until we have the cashflow to refloor them....

More from me later!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a plan! Good for you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like you your goals figured out. Don't get discouraged!
    If You Find Yourself Dancing In The Rain
    You Have Been Blessed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am living on some painted concrete. It is cold on little toes and big ones too but other than that it is doable until you can save for floors(I am so ready for new floors but it is not in the budget yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just wishing you all the best with your challenge!!!!

Inactive
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2000!! Wow. I'm having a tough time with my 1000 things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great Job! Sounds like u have a great plan in place. Congrats!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck.... we are all here for you! And what is this $25 per person challenge????