Frugal Village Forums banner

Sue's challenge - the Budget!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  qsaver704 
#1 ·
Okay - I've been plunking along trying to pay the bills with no real budget on paper. Seems like the money never lasts till the end of the month. This has got to stop. Sooooo- this month of december I will write down every penny I spend, with the ultimate goal of getting a budget together. No more suprises!

#2 ·
Sounds like a plan! Can't wait to see your progress.
I, myself, am addicted to budgets. =)

#3 ·
Good start. It can be a real eye-opener! Look forward to seeing your progress :)

#6 ·
Well the first week is suprising a bit. Groceries $24.86 / under the $25.00 challenge. However the snack machines at work totaled $9.75. Holy cow! Thats almost $40 a month! Well there's one place to cut costs!
Animal feed totaled 76.00 for two weeks worth. Going to have to look at that as well.Did splurge and buy 2 more baking pans (total $6.76) but figured this would be a help to cooking more at home. Only ate out once at McDonalds - $2.18. So far , so good!

#7 ·
Its a good start. Keep tracking those spending habits and you'll "find" more money than you knew you had!

#8 ·
I am on the same track. I look forward to learning from and growing with you. It sure makes you feel more guilty when you waste money if you have to write it down.:bigsnow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.