Frugal Village Forums banner

How often you do your grocery shopping??

2K views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  LexTysMommy 
#1 ·
I am just curious how often you do shop for your groceries, and what day of the week? For some unknown reason I like to shop on Tuesdays, I hate wasting my day off to do the shopping. On Sundays I used to pay my bills and make my menus for the following week.
What about you?

#2 ·
Grocery shoppingis usually a late saturday night type of thing in my household. We do not have aset date for paying bills seeing as they come in different days and times of the month. We do one large grocery shopping trip once a month and then about every 2 weeks we go and get fresh eggs, milk, bread,etc.

#3 ·
I live so close to the grocery store that I have gotten into a very bad habit of going two and three times a week. My goal for the new year is to get it down to once every 2 weeks for groceries and then one stop in between for perishables that won't keep that long.

#5 ·
I grocery shop every Thursday, and pay bills on the 3rd and 17th of the month. I finally have our bills organized so that they are due around the same time. The days I make payments are early for most bills. This takes the stress out of bill pay and shopping for me.

#6 ·
We do our big shopping once a month. If I need anything in between, we pick it up on Sun. after our church service. We are 1 hour from the city, so we are pretty careful when it comes to shopping. I can also buy in town if I absolutely must, however the prices are so high it's almost impossible to do.

#8 ·
Tuesday's my day, too if I need anything. I keep a running grocery list, and if we're going to be in town anyway I grab the list and grocery shop, hoping that I won't have to go to town the rest of the week just to get groceries. I use powdered milk adn make my own bread, so that eliminates the bread-and-milk stops.

#9 ·
I seem to end up at Aldi's on monday, not sure why.
If we need anything at Walmart, I do that the same day, as they are very close to each other.
In the winter though, sometimes I have no set schedule. It's weather permitting........

#10 ·
I hate day off grocery shopping too, but if I'm going to Kroger I usually do it on Monday or Tuesday (my days off). It's farther and I can combine it with other things out that direction.

Super 1 (our best loss leaders) and Walmart are both on the way home from work, and I go to them when I get off. Walmart is 24 hour, Super 1 closes at midnight but I get off at 11, so that works out just fine. I usually do it on Sunday night because there are very few shopping then.

With my nice stockpile now, I don't have to shop so often. It will be on an as needed or to catch a sale basis.

#11 ·
We both get paid every 2 weeks and have the same pay period. We live 35 miles away from the stores so I shop every other Monday. If we need milk or bread in between I will stop at our Riteiad since they have the cheapest milk in our area.

Cat

#16 ·
I go once or twice a week with a short list in hand of whatever ingredients I need for what I'm fixing, and some produce so I don't run out.

But sometimes I run out of fixin's and then I'll just have potatoes and eggs, or a fried egg sandwich or PBJ for dinner, lol. Sometimes it's nice to be single and not have to satisfy anybody but myself........

#17 ·
For me, it depends on the sales.
I usually make one large trip to last us almost 2 weeks.
Lately with all the sales and coupons I have, I seem to be going about every 4-5 days to grab sale items for my stockpile.
I have officially run out of room in the cabinets now!

#19 ·
Last spring, we move out in the country, so I now only shop once a week, this saves lots of money !

We live outside a small village with one small grocery,so we go about every two months to the "Mart" store in the next town,stocking up on canned goods with a stop at the dollar store for paper/cleaning supplies...we make a morning of it and stop for a fast food lunch, a rare treat for us.

It may sound "hickish" to some but we really look forward to these trips out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.