Frugal Village Forums banner

Grocery challenge - Jan. 1 - 31st.

7K views 135 replies 68 participants last post by  wunsagin 
#1 ·
I don't see this thread started anywhere so want to get it started now. For the month of January I want to spend no more than $350.00 on groceries and $75.00 on stockpiling.

Anyone else?

#2 ·
I am going to try and really tighten down for January. I've got quite a nice little stockpile going at the moment. We won't even discuss the out to eat out-of-handness. Anyway I'll be shooting for $200 another all inclusive month of groceries, household, HBA, pets, and out to eat.
For 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 bottomless pits, 2 adults and company at least 3 times this coming month. I will be super excited if I can pull this one off.

#3 ·
I have January's dinners all planned and almost everything should come out of my stockpile. I'll shoot for $200 so I can continue to stockpile as well as a OAM cooking planned for a long weekend. Crossing my fingers!

#5 ·
Ok... this sounds like something we can do. I will include everything, food, cleaners and such. It will be for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. I would like to stay under $300 for shopping and $50 for stockpiling.

#7 ·
I'm still working on my menu plan (I really need to do this so I can spend less $$ at the grocery store!) but my goal will be $75 a week......$300 for the month. That is for dh, ds-15 and eats like there will be no tomorrow!, dd-21 and myself, also 1 dog and a brand new cat! :)

#10 ·
I wanna play!

I'm going for 250.00, including food, hba, cleaning, pet food and supplies.

I feed 5 adults nightly, sometimes 7 depending on schedules and we have 3 cats.

#12 ·
$150 grocery--this is food only and some of it ends up in the stockpile.
$150 stockpile--this is food only and ends in the stockpile.

So I am doing my usual $300 a month.

I have a $75 pet stockpile and a $30 HBA stockpile fund seperate from my food money.

I tend to make my own cleaners, soaps etc and have so much I am not even going to add it at this time

#13 ·
My January budget is $150 - $200 for everything.

I also plan to do a stock up on meats with some of my tax return $$.

#14 ·
O.K. I'm in for $500 this month; $450 for food to eat this month and $50 for my stockpile. That is for 2 adults and 2 children to include paper supplies and cleaning supplies.:hero:

#15 ·
This is where I really need to focus. I spend way to much money for groceries for a single person. I only eat out twice a month, and that's usually chinese, which is really cheap. I'm going to say $300 for everything but pet food/supplies and then really try to come in less than that. I have a small stockpile. I'm almost out of meet though, so I need to stock up on that.

#18 ·
I'm in for January as I missed December's challenge with everything we had going on. I usually was at $400 a month, but I'm uping that to $450 to give a bit more variety or stocking up power to help curb take out eating. This includes all groceries, toiletries & beauty, cleaning & la undry supplies etc (but not pet or prescription meds).

#20 ·
Okay, since this is one of my goals for 2009, I'm in.

Right now we average spending around $600.00 per month, so I'd like to slowly cut this amount down.
So, for this upcoming month, I'd like to try for $500.00.
I know this still sounds like a whole lot, but if I can knock off just $100.00 this month, that will give me enough encouragement to try for even less in the upcoming months.

So, $500.00 for a family of 4 adults, 4 large dogs, 1 small dog & 1 kitty.
In this amount, I will include everything:
food, personal care items, pet supplies, some stockpile items and any cleaning supplies (garbage bags, batteries, lightbulbs, etc.).

Good Luck everyone!:popcorn:

#21 ·
Going to try this...I will try for $500 for the month of January for a family of three--me, my DH and my 22 year old DS plus 2 cats. This will include everything and also I am going to work on starting a stockpile.

#22 ·
I am in. I am trying for $400.00. That includes everything for 2 adults, 2 teens and four cats.

#24 ·
I am going to be eating from the stockpile totally the month of January.
I am going to set the budget at $60 for the month.
This will only be for produce and dairy products.
I make all of my bread and have a huge stockpile to eat off of.
DH is totally on board for this, so it will be a lot easier is we run out of something he won't fuss if it is gone.

I will be blogging my journey to hold me more accountable.
I am going to make a menu and follow it.

#74 ·
I will follow your blog as I have said before that I am going to do that and have not done it.
I will watch you and if you can do it it will give me the push to do it as well.

I am in for $400 this month any that I do not spend for groceries will more to my EF

#25 ·
I am going for $175.00 per check (3) for 2 adults, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 birds, and 3 fish. That includes food, HBA, laundry, paper products. $25.00 a check of that to go to stockpile.

Does not include prescriptions or meals out.

#26 ·
I'm going to try and buckle down with my grocery bill this month. Shooting for $350 for the month ($50 less than my usual budget). This is everything for 2 adults, 2 children, 5 dogs, and 3 cats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.