Frugal Village Forums banner

Help!

947 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  AspiringToBeFrugal 
#1 ·
I'm new and I want to get started here. The challanges...are these what we're doing on our own and posting our status, or is it something on here?? I feel really clueless.:thud:

#2 ·
Hi Shelley, Welcome to FV! Glad you joined in.
The challenges are a little of both, many people join in the challenges listed on the site, and keep track of their own stats.
But you can sign on to do them right on the challenge thread.
example. If you want to join the change jar challenge, go to that thread in challenges and join in. Then keep track of your change until you cash it in then you can tell everyone how much you ended up with and add it to your stats.

Don't feel bad asking questions, everyone around here is great to help out. Just put a question out there and people will answer.

#4 ·
Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

#5 ·
Challenges - Frugal Village Forums

These are the challenge categories. Each challenge forum has the challenges "stickied" or pinned to the top. You join one by simply posting your goals. If you read through them, you'll understand how people participate. :)

The posts in the challenge forums that are not stickied are the same challenges but broken down either daily, weekly or monthly. Or in some cases they just haven't been stickied yet.

If you'd like to put your goals into a daily format for your own accountability, you can blog them here:
http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/blog.php

or you can stay with the group in the forums. :)

Hope that helps. If not, please feel free to ask. It is overwhelming with so many going on, so please don't feel at all bad for asking any questions.

#6 ·
There are tons of awesome members here that are more than willing to help you get started. Welcome to FV! :)

(I admit it was overwhelming the first time too but if you take on one or two to start, you'll get the hang of it in no time. :D )

#7 ·
Welcome to Frugal Village!!! Yes, everyone is really helpful here so don't be afraid to ask.

You can post your goals, any challenges you started (like any of those on the Challenge threads), debt and strides towards paying off your debt, etc. on your signature line too. Just go up to the User CP link in the blue outlined portion toward the top of the page. There you can find a link to update your signature. You can add whatever info you want and it'll appear at the bottom of all your posts. It's one other way to help you stay accountable because you can actually SEE your progress!

Good luck and let us know if we can answer anything else for you! Once you get started here on the FV, it's hard to stay away!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.