Frugal Village Forums banner

I'm having a no-spend week...anyone else?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Royal 
#1 ·
I'm making it my goal not to spend any more money for the rest of the week. Anyone else want to jump in for accountability? I seriously want to spend money for some reason, but need to scale back now that the holidays are past (and the Christmas credit card statement will be arriving soon, yuck).

I grocery shopped today, and that's it for me for the week.

Who else?

#5 ·
Does already budgeted expense count in a no spend day? Good luck I feel this time of year is a great time to not spend money and stay home. Of course I live in maine it is easy to stay home.

#7 ·
Today was my spend day of the week. Mandetory meeting in Seattle so there was parking & ferry & lunch. On the way home I tossed in a grocery stop to stock up on some canned goods too. The rest of the week is $pend-free.

#8 ·
Yesterday I had to have a new battery and brake light put in the car dd drives. (For fun, try pushing a car on ice in a blizzard, lol). Except for groceries I'll be going no spend.

#9 ·
I had to spend $9 to send back an unwanted Christmas gift yesterday - hope that doesn't count!

Otherwise, doing well here on not spending. Nothing since Monday's groceries. Yay!

#10 ·
We have been having a no-spend January. I do my grocery shopping on Monday and that's it. I have never had this much money in my account on the 15th of any month. Wow what a sense of money control! This is great! I think that we might even try February as well. This has become a sport to us !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.