Frugal Village Forums banner

Grocery challenge - Feb. 1 - 28th

6K views 87 replies 34 participants last post by  Kaos Kitty 
#1 ·
Thought I'd get this started. My goal is for $300.00 and $75.00 for the stockpile.

Next..

#4 ·
My goal will be $350 again this month. I did well in January, but a lot of that was eating down the stockpile so this month will be the real test of getting our bill down.

#5 ·
I've tried this before and I never remember to keep track. I'm gonna give it a shot this month. How do you keep track? Dh and I were just talking and he and I agree we should be saving more in this area. Last month I spent around $550.??? ( Just from looking at check book register, this doesn't count if I used any cash for groceries.) Yikes!!! I shooting for $450. We have 2 adults and 2 ds ( 1 is almost 17 and one 12).

#6 ·
Well, dh is gone for half the month, and we are seriously trying to eat up what we have before we move cross country.
Soooooo.....
I'm going to say 150.00.

That should be more than enough, actually.
milk
bread
eggs
fruits and veggies
canned green beans and applesacue (I'm almost out and they are a staple here!)
some flour
apple/orange juice

Really....other than that, I have soooo much we need to eat up right now.

#9 ·
I'm in for $485 this month. That is for 4 adults, 1 big dog, 2 cats and includes all HBA, animal food and people food. :)

#10 · (Edited)
I'm in again $500 this month for 2 adults, 1 bieng VERY hungry, 2 children, 1 cat and all cleaning/paper supplies. I was under in January by $11. I hope to overbudget for the next couple of months. Then in the summer months, only have to budget $300. We will see if my plan works. (TMI)

#11 ·
I'm in for $300 for a family of four, plus $50 for stockpiling. I was so close in Jan. on the groceries, went over by $29, so I should be able to do it this month.

#12 ·
I am going for $400 this month. I will only spend $100 each week. That is in my budget and I will stick to it!!!! This is breakfast, lunch and dinner for two adults and one child. One cat and one dog and all household/personal items.

Good luck all.

#13 ·
I am in for 400 for the month of February. I shopped today and will count my spending toward that amount since we will use the food that I bought in Feb.

#16 ·
i'm so excited! i'm hoping that the $100 will be a big overestimation.:scratch:

#17 ·
I am in for $550 this month. Last month I spent that much with the $250 in AMEX gift cards my boss sent me for Christmas. I am going for $100/week at regular food store and $150 at warehouse club store.

#26 ·
First grocery trip

Krogers $178 this is for 2 wks. I will need more milk and bread. I used $20.50 in coupons, plus I earned $15 in store credit for my next trip. Dh gets paid every 2 wks. so I'm going to start shopping every 2 wks. again. I so want to stick to my budget.

#27 ·
I haven 't totaled everything for Jan. yet. I had set my budget at $200 for 2 adults, 2 bottomless pits, 2 dogs, and a cat. This was to include everything including eating out. I know I stayed under it for groceries but we did make two fast food stops at the end of the month so I think I will end up over.

I know I won't be able to do as well this month so I'm going to shoot for $300 for everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.