Frugal Village Forums banner

$25 per week Grocery Challenge April 2009

Tags
$25
2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  2ndGenGranola 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to the site and noticed something I thought was great. The $25 per person weekly grocery challenge. It looks like no one has posted it since December though. I would like to bring it back. This will be my first challenge on my new path to frugality. This is also a HUGH step for me because I believe that this is my biggest spending area. I'm going to try to include all HBA in this budget too but it might just end up being food. Hope other will join me in this challenge!! Wish me good luck and will appreciate any tips anyone has for me.

#2 ·
Definitely wish you good luck on this one. Don't think we could do it given high grocery prices. I'll be willing to join at $50 per person weekly. Would that be okay?

#4 ·
Good luck i am sure if you set your mind to it you can do it. Welcome to fv challenges!! i usually spend $32.00 a week on groceries. I did notice i was able to buy some things a lot cheaper at wal-mart.

#5 ·
I'm going to try it this month. $25 per person per week= $400 a month for us. That is just what I budgeted for!!

#13 ·
Spent $0 but I'll do my shopping this weekend. Sticking to the sales fliers though and the things that I've learned so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.