Frugal Village Forums banner

April Grocery Challenge: April 1-30th

6K views 92 replies 27 participants last post by  Jeanna 
#1 ·
I'm jumping in on this one. I really need to get our costs under control. I'm setting my budget at $600. This includes feeding 4 people, 1 cat and includes HBA, cleaning, and pet supplies. Oh and I'll be working on my stockpile as well.

#3 ·
$400 for us in April!!

#6 ·
I'm in for $400 this month. This includes 2 adults, 2 children, 1 cat and HB&A. I will also try to work on stockpiling too.

#7 ·
I'm in for $450 for the month of April, since DH will be home full time until at least the end of the month. This is everything (food, HBA, cleaners, pet supplies, etc) for 2 adults, 2 children, 6 big dogs and 4 indoor cats.

#8 ·
I tried $475 in March and was over by $2.56. I am going to try $475 again for April. I hope I can do this. We have a big family reunion this month that I have to cook food for and Easter is this month as well. We'll see what happens...

#9 ·
I'm in for $300. This includes 2 adults, a baby, 2 dogs and 3 cats. This is my first month on a budget so I am going to try to include HBA but no promises. Even if that only inculdes food, it will be about half of what I'm used to spending!

#11 ·
I am really hoping for like 125$ this month. My bills have caught up with me and SO and I will really have to relay on our pantry and fridge/freezer. This includes: Food, HBA, Dog & Cat food.

#12 ·
I'm in again for 250.00, food, cleaning, paper and hba. I feed 5 ppl nightly sometimes 7. I was under 10.00 for Mar, what I spent yesterday will go on April's budget :)

#13 ·
I came in under budget for March ($460) by $21.38. Woo hoo! For April I am only dropping it to $450. I need to do alot of stockpiling next month.

#17 ·
Well, my freezer and pantry are so full I am having trouble putting items away. I usually do 285-300, but think this has to be a clean out what I have month. I will try for 200.00

#18 ·
I am in for $450.00 this month. That is for me, hubby, 20 year old, and 15 year old.

#20 ·
Well, in order to prepare for less spending in April I made a casserole tonight with frozen turkey, and stockpile items. I am also eating on a porkloin that was in the freezer. Two large meals, no spending. Let's start April!

#21 ·
I really need this challenge since I have not been good at the grocery budget lately.

I am going for 400 bucks. This will include some extra's. Shopping at Aldis sometime this week for the month so I am sure I will drop about 150.00 there.

#23 ·
I am excited. I just checked out my two local grocery store's flyers. Thankfully, they have no real great deals. I need nothing, but will not pass up a good deal. No worries of that this week. Week one: goal $0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.