Frugal Village Forums banner

September 2009 Grocery Challenge

5K views 74 replies 27 participants last post by  Teresa T 
#1 ·
I didn't see one of these started yet so I figured I'd go ahead and get it rolling. I REALLY need to focus on this piece again as we have been way out of wack here all year.

I'm pretty well stocked at home but on odd things and will still need to do some basic stuff. I am going to shoot for $200 which is well under what I've actually been spending all year. I usually attempt out to eat money in this as well but this time I'm not going to as I'm just attempting to get back on the train.

So $200 for 2 adults, 2 bottomless pits, 2 dogs, and 1 cat. HBA and cleaning supplies included.

#4 ·
I'm in too, for $250. 2 people and 2 dogs. :)

#7 ·
We'll try for $400 again this month went over by about $65 in Aug. but we bought a bunch of fruit for the winter. I am very hopeful that I will be more near $300 this month but need to build up my stockpile again so we'll see. This includes 2 adults, 1 teenage boy, 8 pets and out to eat and supplies.

#8 ·
I'm in.

$400 goal.

This is for 4 humans, 3 dogs, 5 cats.

All HB & cleaning, etc.

good luck staying on budget everyone!

#9 ·
I'm in for 400/month or less to provide for myself and two big teenage boys (I swear they can eat a horse! lol), two cats as well as build up my pantry and stockpile (everything was severely depleted as I had been laid off for the summer, next pay cheque is at the end of Sept...I hate getting paid once a month!)

#11 ·
I need to get back on track - not writing everything down is not a good idea for me. We are in for $00 for the month and my goal is to come in under that amount.

#14 ·
Okay MM....I don't think you can come in under $00 for the month! :laugh:

#13 ·
425.00 this month. I am going to try to cut back from last month. Have a little stock and I am going to try to do some baking instead of buying snack foods for the kiddos. :)

#15 ·
I'm in again. $400 for 4 adults, 2 cats, 1 dog, 5 ducks and all HBA and stockpiling. :)

#17 ·
Im in for 500 thats for 3 adults and 2 dogs and that includes everything consumable and laundry and hba good luck everybody

#19 ·
I am budgeting $450 for two adults and two teens (both of whom are bottomless pit swimmers!)
We ate up almost all of my OAMC freezer stuff (although I generally do 4-6 month's worth during cooking week) so I have a lot to buy to get my freezer meals filled up again.
PLUS we host a Labor Day shindig for 40-50 people.

#20 ·
I'm going to go for $230..for two adults and one toddler..includes all cleaning supplies, hba, diapers, ect.
this is my first grocery challenge! :-D

#21 ·
Welcome sermom! It will be a real eye-opener the first month on exactly what you do spend. Glad to see you join us! :)

#22 ·
I'm in at $225 again for 2 adults & $70 for pet supplies. I'd like to go to $200, but I want to do/try some baking & need $15-20 for ingredients. Maybe I can cut somewhere else, but continue to stockpile sale items. Will check prices at several store on baking ingredients... maybe I can get what I need for less than $15. I'm sort of excited starting a new month.

#23 ·
My September Budget

Date: September 1, 2009

September Budget, 2009: ? (will finalize later)

Rent, Utilities: (All Paid)

1. Water: $10.00; Spent: $1.98

2. Food, etc: ?

3. Misc: ?

4. Clothing: ?

5. Rent, Utilities: (ALL PAID); Balance: $0.00

6. Washing Machine Repair/Replace: ?

7. Vacuum Cleaner Replace: ?

#24 ·
You guys are sooooo sharp - thata was supposed to be $400. So far, zero spent on food!!

Sermon - welcome and good luck.

I totally forget how much less expensive good is on the mainland - even though it is going up everywhere. This weill be an interesting month for us all!!

#26 ·
in for 455 again. 3 adults and 3 boys

#27 ·
My September Budget

Date: September 2, 2009

September Budget, 2009: ? (will finalize later)

Rent, Utilities: (All Paid)

1. Water: $10.00; Spent: $1.98

2. Food, etc: ?

3. Misc: Spent: $4.98 (6 boxes tissue/with coupon)

4. Clothing: ?

5. Rent, Utilities: (ALL PAID); Balance: $0.00

6. Washing Machine Replace: ?

7. Vacuum Cleaner Replace: ?

#29 ·
I am in again.
Have not spent anything yet this month
I am shooting for $120 again this month.
This is for 3 adults and 1 teen.
Went over last month by about $50 but sent in for over $100 in rebates so was a good month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.