Frugal Village Forums banner

HELP!!! Sale is coming fast having display challenges

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  mommy4ever 
#1 ·
OK. In a week, my first sale of the season. Having a great display is what brings people to the table. The pendants etc will sell themselves, but I need to get people. I hope to hit $500 in sales, that would make my day :)

Here is a pic. The white display will be black. I haven't covered it yet.

The one riser has nothing on it. I'm trying to figure out what I should put on top, if anything at all. I do need a price list somewhere. I'm not sure where. Should it be laminated sitting on the table, or upright? My dark cloths aren't centered, they will be at the sale)

Any feedback is appreciated.(this is my kitchen table.... not the table I'll be using, I measured 6 feet of it, and tried it out. you can see part of the unused table in the one picture, my table is nearly 8 feet long).

#2 ·
~Since you've displayed your product upright, I think you should put your price lists flat on the table.
The added advantage of this is that someone just can't walk by and think "Those are so pretty", then see the price list upright and think "I don't think I want to pay that" and walk off. They should fall in love with your product first and then they'll likely agree that your price is more than fair.
I think you should have at least two price lists! I can't tell you how many times I've gone to look at someone's wares and haven't been able to see the only price list because of other shoppers.
Hope your sale goes very well!~

#3 ·
I think it would be very nice if you had a small card on each display with the price of those items. So folks looking at pendants would see the price right next to the pendants. Then there'd be no confusion about what was what, and if you needed to change the price of one category you would not have to redo your entire list.

I also think your table looks very plain. While it is very neat and uncluttered there is no softness or luxury to it. I think it could benefit from some pretty flowers tucked in on the sides of the displays, or some satin fabric or ribbon arranged around them. Let people see that your jewelry is special enough that it belongs with these luxury items.

#5 ·
I'm confused as to why there are books in your jewlery display?? And also...most jewelry displays better on royal blue rather than black. (observations from friends who do art shows all over the country)
Also, personally, I hate trying to find prices on items. Either make it clear and post it next to each set of items, or set your list on an easle or someplace prominent. If I have to look for or ask a price, I walk away.....

#6 ·
There are jeweled bookmarks that is why there are the books. The picture doesn't show the bookmarks that are there as they are smaller.

#7 ·
I like the idea of either a couple of price lists laying flat or a card at each display if they are different prices. It looks great! Good luck! :)

#8 ·
What I thought was that the empty space was for promotional material, business cards, order forms, write-ups about what is special about YOUR stuff. I hate overly fussy displays. I avoid stopping at a booth/table where it seems that people think decoration will substitute for product, knowledge, or a fair price.

Your table reminds me of a tux, very classy.

Try fanning out your bookmarks, rather than displaying them in books, people's eyes go right past the regular rectangular shape of books frequently (30+ years as a bookseller, I know!) although most book tables are not set up the way yours is, so maybe it won't matter?

Try it and see. Also, be prepared to move things around if you can. First you'll need to fill holes as you sell things and second, if your display looks the same at the end as it did at the beginning to a cursory look, people will assume you have nothing new or different.

My :cents:

Judi

#9 ·
I agree with Judi. It looks very class and the first thing I thought of when I first saw it BEFORE her comment was that it looked like a tux. I, myself, like the black and white. It also dosen't looked crammed and crowded. I think it does need a few more items on it but not much. Bookmarks need to be out in the open lying down as they may be missed inside the books.
I also agree with Judi about moving things around to look "new things". I used to do that. Seemed to have worked.

You have done wonderful. Don't underestimate yourself.

#10 ·
I sold at shows for years. Jewelry does best if some pieces are in flat cases. Prices should be clearly marked on each item. I had custom hang tags. Backings can help with that. Simple card stock cut with pinking shears would work. To be unique you could add poetry or quotes to the backings. Jewelry sells really well when it's customized or personalized in some way. Bookmarks should either be hung or displayed in a narrow, short sided box standing up.
Your setup is far too little merchandise on a large table. I wouldn't place the vases near the jewelry because no one will want to look for fear they'll break something. Offer a freebie. Candy is usually a good choice. Also a hand mirror would help, so people can try it on and see how they look.

Be sure to have business cards and a sign that says you do custom work.

HTH

Reactions: Debbie-cat
#11 ·
Thanks!

The book marks are in the vase..lol. And the vase is plastic. But I will play with that. They are hard to display, and people ask ALL the time, so i have a few books, just to show how the work, because when I say it's a book mark, people stare at me with a blank stare. If I pull the book out and say, this is our bookmark, and show them, they immediately go... OH, how beautiful! So I like to have a few books just for that.

Yes there is very little merchandise, as I was just playing with it, that reflects about 1/10 of what there is. I didn't want to unwrap all of them to do a trial run.

Sara Noel, I'm not sure what you are referring to as a backing? As in a card to hang them on?

I do play with the display non stop. I have done shows for a few years, but this product is newer for me and has been presenting me with a few challenges as to how to display it.

Sara, I had planned on adding a table mirror, so people can try things on.

I don't care to have every square inch filled. I can't focus when shopping when it's overwhelming like that. But the empty space on my table, will have a business card holder, and candy dish, and some signage yet. That I'm working on.

Thanks everyone! I'll play a little with it this week yet. But I needed a basic starting point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.