Frugal Village Forums banner

November 2009 Grocery Challenge

6K views 69 replies 24 participants last post by  JanieD 
#1 ·
Seriously?? No one has started this???

I'm in for 300.00 a month. How about anyone else?

#4 ·
In at $250. $10.28 today, milk, bread and coffeemate

#5 ·
$200 for us. I need to track everything this month and just talked to DH about this. Since we are squeaking with lack of funds these months, we really need to be much wiser about what we are doing. Mahalo for starting this Intlmom!!

Reactions: IntlMom
#9 ·
I try to be more on the ball than this as I just finfished totaling up the Oct. bills last night. I went over. I've had a harder time with the grocery budget in the last year than I've EVER had before. I'm going to set it for $400 this month including going out to eat. If I can do this one then next month I might try cutting back again.

#10 ·
I spent 11.61 yesterday for 2 gallons of milk, 5 quarts of egg nog (hey it was a deal and I gotta have it!!) :) and I huge bag of apples at .79 a pound. I should be good for a while...several days, anyway.

#16 ·
I just spent $32.00

2 loaves of bread
6 yorgurts
1 box of angel hair pasta
6 cans of soda
1 spelt pizza crust
1 bottle of hair conditioner
1 package of cranberry stuffing
2 lbs of sugar

Today's trip was to whole foods I have $118.00 dollars left.

#18 ·
I spent $8.40 at Walgreens today on some great canned food bargains!!

#19 ·
8.28 for cold/cough medicine for daughter. Total to date 18.56 out of 250.00

#21 ·
Well this will be a tough month I host the whole family for Thanksgiving and that dinner is really expensive. I actually came in under my 500 last month by 20.00 I will be no where near that this month
Im going for 600.00

#23 ·
I can't believe I completely forgot about holiday expenses! But then, I'm not exactly known for being observant....

I do have a frozen turkey in the freezer, but it's not holiday size, just one I picked up on sale. I do also have lots of baking supplies, but not "special" baking ingredients. Maybe that shopping will have to wait a little, since I challenged myself this month to actually pay attention!

DH spent $6 yesterday just for ingredients to make a special roasted salsa. I can't really begrudge him, though, since he's so vigilant, and there's room in our spending. Still, it's ironic that the moment I pledge to watch the spending he ups and marches to the store for specialty ingredients, I think! (BTW, his salsa was very, very good, and there's plenty left still.)

#25 ·
I spent another $17.95 today but got 2 turkeys 40 cents a lb. 4boxes duncan hines cake mix 78 cents a box bananas 90 cents and a dr pepper 1.38 so i done good dont have worry now about getting a turkey. I am down to $95.63 but have pantry full of stuff and freezer full.

#26 ·
Groceries today were $61.50, so I'm up to $69.90 for the month (out of $200) - Isn't this going to be an interesting month?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.