Frugal Village Forums banner

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

2K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  JanieD 
#1 ·
I didn't see where anyone started this for March so I'll start it. If it has been started I'm sorry in advance.

I'm in again at same as last month and as signed in my siggy.

Today the 1st.. Going to Publix tonight again before a sale at Publix ends. Went today and going again tonight. I got $68.30 in grocerys for $11.25. Which was 20 cans Progresso Soup and 20 cans GG veggies. They paid me $2.50 to take the veggies out of the store. Best I've done for awhile.

Reactions: Sassyclass
#4 ·
I'm in again. Last month I only spent $41.48 for the month. Not that many sales that I really needed so I worked on the pantry/freezer challenge.Also tried a few new recipes with some ingredients in the pantry/freezer.All was good so hope to have same results this month.
I don't expect the low grocery total but to be well within my $50 a week budget.

#7 ·
I still need to add up my reciepts for last month, I know I went over.

For March I'll keep my goal at 200, 250 to allow for good sales.

#8 ·
I know went over last month too. Going to the grocery store when hungry is not a good idea.

That being said, I'm in for $200 for the month again. I'm hoping I can come in under that.

#10 ·
Very Cool!!!:pblow: It's been a long time since I've found a store/deal I can wrangle into paying me to take things off thier hands.

I haven't added everything from last month yet but I know I stayed under the $400. I think it'll be somewhere in the $330-$350 bracket. I'm going to try for under $350 this month. I've already spent $132 at Sam's. I;ve got lots of meat stashed in the freezer now though.

Reactions: NikoSan999
#11 ·
Oh i blew it big time in February but i did find some really good bargains at Big Lots and Xmas tree shop. I will need to check them out at least once a month. This month i am going to say $200.00 i need to restock the pantry stockpile. This will include HBA and groceries.

#12 ·
I'm in for the same amount $225 & another $70 for pet supplies. DH has already started March out the end of last week, but mostly adding to stockpile. Spent $29 for 2 28oz Jif pb, 4 Campbell Select soups, 2 32oz frozen veggies, 2 bags of Tostitos, Kraft cheese 16 slices, 8 ct Lance crackers, soy milk, orange juice & 2.5lbs bananas.

My plan is to avoid adding hba ($20 limit) & stick w/grocery deals to get pantry filled. I'm noticing too many gaps. Plus, I'd like to add a few basics for baking purposes.

#14 ·
Ok, went back to Publix last night and did it again. This time I got $81.43 in groceries and paid $20.86 but that was including a graduation card $2.99 and a big Cupcake $2.89. I also got 2 jars spaghetti sauce (BOGO)

The savings at Publix was $60.67 this time.

So yesterday alone I got $149.73 worth for $32.11

#20 ·
I am in for 320.00 for March

Started today with some great deals and coupons!
I bought:
8 pack Zest bar soap
Venus razor
2 Celeste Herbal Tea
milk
2 Olay body wash
1 olay face wash
Yams
Sunday paper - need those coupons
2 Trident gum
2 Marie Calendar micro meals
multi pack orbit gum
Parmesan cheese
Grapes
Kashi cereal
Cake mix
Asparagus
Candy bar

I had free coupons for the zest bar soap, Kashi cereal, 1 of the body wash and both marie calendar meals, plus several cents off coupons

Grand total after coupons was 28.38
there is a 15.00 Olay rebate
Therefore my net cost after rebate will be 13.38

WOO HOO !

#25 ·
I am in this month. I hope to spend less than $150.I was way over in Feb. I have to work on my pantry and freezer items as well.

#26 ·
I'm doing great so far. Since I live about 20 minutes from the grocery store it helped that this week I got two bags of milk instead of one. We would sometimes run out and have to buy it at the convinience store which charge almost double.

Good luck everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.