Frugal Village Forums banner

No new house for us right now.

Tags
house
1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  militlady 
#1 ·
DH and I sat down last night and decided that we are not going to bid on that new house. We would really love it but it is just not in the cards right now. Too much going on. We have decided to use the money we have raised so far to pay down on our debt ($15000 not including car and house). We also might be adopting our granddaughter next month so I have to fly to Hawaii and go to a hearing with my son. We are going to continue selling stuff on ebay (ebay id jlwsew if anyone wants to see the things we are selling. Don't expect you to buy but maybe it will help others get ideas on good things to sell. I am going to list bunches more tonight) We are also going to have our yard sale but not til next weekend. We are going to sell some furniture, baby clothes, toys, games, and anything else I can scrape together. I want to pay off ALL our debt by the end of the year except our car, by December 2011, and house, which I would like to pay off by 2015.

#2 ·
These decisions are hard. Congratulations on making it and making a good plan.

#4 ·
Sounds like a good plan. Sorry you aren't getting the house you want be when the time is right, it will happen. ((hugs))

#5 ·
It sounds like you have a good plan in place to eliminate your debt. I am sure when the time is right you will get the house of your dreams. Good luck with the adoption.

#6 ·
Is that the little sweetie in the picture that you are hoping to adopt? I'd trade a house for that bundle of joy any day.

The time will come for all of it! Best wishes on the hearing. We just never know what life will throw at us, do we?

#8 ·
Nope that incredible little boy is my 5th son. My grand daughter is from my 3rd son. Hunter was our wonderful little surprise and just when our 4th son was getting ready to move out on his own. I haven't actually gotten to meet Sasha in person yet. I can't wait to see her.

Things usually happen the way they are supposed to but not necessarily the way or why we plan. I think we were supposed to end up the way we did. We will all be better off for it eventually. Thank you for all your support and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

#9 ·
Made $748 on auctions today. When that hits our bank account it is going straight to the LOC. We also have a possiblity of getting about $10.000 in cash tomorrow. If we do then we will be able to pay off the rest of the LOC, CC#2 and the rest will go to the car loan. 5 county bill is not a priority for us because it is interest free and not on our credit report as long as we pay $25/month. Don't really care if it takes us 10 years to pay it off.

#10 ·
Well, we didn't sell all 16 coins. We only sold 5 of them for $1350 and 4 mint sets, We gave the guy that sold them for us $100. So when we sell the mint sets this week we should also get an additional $150 ish. All that goes on the LOC tomorrow.

#11 ·
Just out of curiosiy, I went to the auction today for that house. There is no way we could have won it. There was another couple that won it and they were willing to pay WAY more than we were. It went for $182,500. The most we were willing to pay for it was $110,000. It was a very interesting process and a learning experience for me. Emotional bidding seems to play a huge role in the final price.

We also decided to save up the money to pay cash for the land we want and then have my son actually come stay with us for a while and build the house exactly as we want. He is a wonderful contractor and is extremely particular so we know he will do the best job for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.